118 first road drive(pre sva)

Finally a midnight flit on trade plates to get the alarm installed.

Wow! what a ride all those headaches have been worth while. Didnt exceed 70 at any point but its there quick and such a pleasure to drive.

Gear box was snappy change and the clutch very light so really pleased, Going to have to tweek the throttle/ brake pedal position as very close and a little difficult to manage with size 10 feet. All round vision well didnt actually look behind so will have to assess that later.

Roush 342 didnt miss a beat, temp 82,and didnt need more than 3000 rpm on trip so alls well.Oil pressure between 40-60 .

All the lights worked well in fact it all worked ,No side windows as yet so the noise was glorious (bet that bit fails the sva)

After all the hassle with the OLD rf really pleased to have made it to a very driveable car

Roll on SVA and REGISTRATION

Hi Huw,

Bet you were pleased to get it on the road for a run. The six speed gearbox has a nice feel to it hay! When I drive the GT I always wear my driving shoes because I find the any other shoes are too wide, like you say with the narrow space between pedals easy to hit the go peddle when you were aiming at the stop.
Best wishes getting through SVA, its a great achievement. Its a fantastic feeling once registered to be able to take the car out whenever and to wherever you choose.

Andrew

Nice one Huw, just think when the weather is better you can whizz off anywhere at any time, just make sure you get across to Tavistock one time!! Well done.

Back