15” Tires for 8” Front and 10” Rear BRM style wheels to go on an RCR40

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Advertise every quarter in the GT40 Enthusiasts Club magazine

If you have not already joined it is the best money you will spend!

Ian

Randy Folsom

Supporter
All, I ordered Avons CR6ZZs from Roger Kraus in California. Very helpful. He has about thirteen of the 295/50/15s and five of the 215/60/15s left in stock. Not sure if he will be getting more before Avon shuts down production in November. His understanding is that there is a buyer, but the deal has not been signed yet. Assuming it goes through there will be about 6 months before production resumes.

How much are the CR6zz cost right now ?
All, I ordered Avons CR6ZZs from Roger Kraus in California. Very helpful. He has about thirteen of the 295/50/15s and five of the 215/60/15s left in stock. Not sure if he will be getting more before Avon shuts down production in November. His understanding is that there is a buyer, but the deal has not been signed yet. Assuming it goes through there will be about 6 months before production resumes.
The CR6zz cost right now is $656 per rear tire ???
8" front 10" rear.
$2,372 (+) shipping. Any idea on shipping to Ne. ?

Last edited:
Nova bought Avon’s tooling and has the Avon logo on their website. I don’t see any products or prices yet. I think they are hoping that those that are interested will let them know what they want.

I'll check them out. Thank you !
Does anyone know their ph number ? I don't see it on their website.

Last edited:

Randy Folsom

Supporter
I'll check them out. Thank you !
Does anyone know their ph number ? I don't see it on their website.
The have a form on the website. I think that’s the only way to contact them at this time. I was fixated on getting Avons when sourcing parts. They look good and I expect they perform well but there are other options that don’t cost as much such as BF Goodrich. Those will allow you to get the car driving while waiting for Avons. If you opt for +2 or +4 flares you pretty much need to commit to a tire profile unless you install those flares yourself because RCR uses your tires on the rolling chassis as a placement guide.

The have a form on the website. I think that’s the only way to contact them at this time. I was fixated on getting Avons when sourcing parts. They look good and I expect they perform well but there are other options that don’t cost as much such as BF Goodrich. Those will allow you to get the car driving while waiting for Avons. If you opt for +2 or +4 flares you pretty much need to commit to a tire profile unless you install those flares yourself because RCR uses your tires on the rolling chassis as a placement guide.
When Goodyear bought Avon, at that time I had a Group Buy and had 34 sets sold for them. So that's why I want to get a hold of them. I've been looking at the Goodyear billboards for the looks and the drag/street tires, but I really want the Avons. That's $2,372 which is very high. The M/T ET Street SS are a great tire and are over $500 less. I've wanted to fill up more air space in my wheel well with tire. Mine are a 50 aspect ratio (295/50/15) and the M/T are either a 55 and up to a 65.

Ok guys, I might,...have a deal for all of us, but it's going to take some time, but have no dates at this time. I'm needing to have a PM with someone that is more into a contract deal than my blue collar non business type of brain. So please contact me asap.

Avon are also difficult to find in recent production in Europe too.
I think I will go to NankKang, I had a good experience with it on another race car, I you may buy 2 tires for the price of 1 Avon.

1717686752673.png

1717686850199.png

My recent experiance with the Nankang tires 295 50 15 rear & 225 60 15 front.
To soft sidewalls. GT40 corners like a drunk cat. Rolling over its sidewalls.
2 years 700miles. They are dirt cheap and you get what you pay for. Perfect dragrace 1/4mile tire as they do have grip, but unless you build your GT40 as a dragracer, they are not suitable and scary.
I am replacing them now to Avon. 295 50 15 & 215 60 15.
Several has them on stock in Europe (where I live). But at a price.

My recent experiance with the Nankang tires 295 50 15 rear & 225 60 15 front.
To soft sidewalls. GT40 corners like a drunk cat. Rolling over its sidewalls.
2 years 700miles. They are dirt cheap and you get what you pay for. Perfect dragrace 1/4mile tire as they do have grip, but unless you build your GT40 as a dragracer, they are not suitable and scary.
I am replacing them now to Avon. 295 50 15 & 215 60 15.
Several has them on stock in Europe (where I live). But at a price.
It is good to share your experience with the NankKang on a GT40. I use Avon on my 63 Galaxie on race trak and I am fully satisfied, but the tire that you may found new in Europ were manufacture 4 or 5 years ago minimum, you may check on the DOT number. It is too old.

Back