2006 Monterey Historics Role Call

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Who is going?

I propose a Forum get together. Saturday at 12 noon at the infield Le Dog stand. Fosters in one hand, Le Dog in another... :pepper:

We will be there again this year (21st year strait). Only running one car though. We will be in the historic Trans-Am group. Boss 302 #83
Don't know if I will have time to hang out much but would love to have the group come by and say hi.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Negative, Seattle to Monterey would be a hoot though. Hertz Shelby this time.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I'll be heading out. I think they are going to have a collection of GT40's.

I was at the local Shelby Club (Los Angeles) and one of the guys I know host the club meeting at his shop. He has the Petersen Blue 1105 MK3 partially taken apart for some work. I am going to take some photos if I can before it goes back together.

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
BillD-

If you don't have a hotel now, you had better get on-line and see what you can find. Prices are ususally high and they will be booked well in advance by folks, some have the minimum 3 nights stay, etc. It is a pretty crazy amount of folks that make it to the PB events, auctions, and track. Lot's of nice cars at the track and depending on what you like to look at some good ones at the beach too.

Links -

For the Track

http://www.laguna-seca.com/Tickets/index.cfm?Fuseaction=ViewTickets&EventID=14

For the Pebble Beach Concorse

http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/TicketInfo.htm

HTH

Sandy

Its the only Laguna event that rivals MotoGP for attendance (which is this weekend). All kinds of complaint from the MotoGP crowd about over charging rooms and plain out selling off of confirmed reservations. Hopefully they have got that under control for this weekends GP race.

Does that sort of thing go on at the historic weekend?

I plan on being at the historics this year as I have not gone in a good long while. Fortunately I can drive out and back on the day.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Gouging left and right.

rates.jpg

Attendees - is there any 'official' meeting place and time? If not, hope to bump into some of you out there.

Rob

Monterey

I suggest meeting just before noon on saturday in the Pantera paddock. I will be there and I believe David will also be there for a bar-b-que being sponsored by Pantera International. We will both have our CAV's there.

I'll be there saturday morning.
Should be nice...
Riding a Motoguzzi LeMans to avoid the traffic jam back to the BA. Hwy 1 via hwy 17 santa cruz to the track and back.

I hopefully will see you at the Pantera Paddock before noon.

best
tony...

I went today, in order that I might get closer to the cars and have fewer people blocking the shots! Cooper is featured car this year and they are going with an Pre-gound effects F1 theme in general. There was what seemed like 20 F1 cars !!!! Drool, Drool. Also were LOTS of TransAm cars (they were really LOUD). Saw only two GT40's. No Canams except very early ones, I guess you East Coast guys wore them out at Elkhart Lake!

Toyota brought out one of thier F1 cars ... but I think they broke the tranny it in about 6 total laps (after supposedly bettering the outright lap record by a few tenths)

Beautiful day, perfect weather. I'll post up some pics if I can later.

You boys have fun tomorrow ...

Back