2020 NEC Classic Motor Show

Hi all

We will be attending the show again this year, so we're after volunteers to provide their cars, and volunteers to man (or woman!) the stand.

As you would expect, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic the organisers have come up with a whole heap of safety provisions in order to make the event as safe as possible, all in accordance with government guidelines.

Would be great to hear from you if you have any questions, or if you are able to help.

Free tickets will be provided to all who help!

Thanks in advance!

Darren

Hi Darren,
Just added a reply to your post on the club forum.
I'd really like to display my car again this year, and Anita and I will happily man and woman the stand each day for most of the day as my car would already be there.
Regards Tony and Anita Sherrington.

Hi Darren,
Just added a reply to your post on the club forum.
I'd really like to display my car again this year, and Anita and I will happily man and woman the stand each day for most of the day as my car would already be there.
Regards Tony and Anita Sherrington.
Thanks Tony. Belinda has already pencilled you in, so looking forward to seeing you there

Just received an email from NEC Classic Motor Shows, always a highlight of the year especially the GT40 stand, sad news I am sorry to say.

Stay Safe

Nick

A message from Lee Masters, Show Director

It is with great sadness that I announce to you today that we have decided there is no alternative but to postpone the 2020 edition of the show, despite pulling out all the stops to try and make the annual season finale happen.

Having been given the greenlight by government for organised events to resume from 1 October, we were so excited at the prospect of bringing the community back together, with all our COVID-secure measures in place to create a safe and controlled environment for all involved.

Although the latest government update hasn’t changed this possibility, it is currently under review and has created uncertainty for both our exhibitors and visitors. Add to this the prospect of local lockdowns still being in place and the communities’ understandable concern about what an indoor event experience will be, even with all the precautions we’re putting in place, we have taken this difficult decision.

As a team, we are extremely disappointed as we have done everything within our power to try and make it happen. We want to thank all our partners, clubs, exhibitors, visitors and suppliers who have supported our endeavours to bring the show to you this year. We understand that this decision will be a disappointment to many people who eagerly await the Classic Motor Show each year and look forward to when we can get together again.

Back