8 stack fuel injection, need some help !

i have a friend an a corvette forum who has bought an 8 throttle body intake

and he wants to know what options he has for the fuel injection computer.

so i figured since you guys use this setup, this would be the best place to ask

image1592.gif

he also asks about what filters he could use over the stacks

TWM and iTG both make good filtration systems that could be fitted (a search of either on Google will yield results).

ECUs are many and varied, I too like Motec, pricey, but versatile in my opinion.

Other good alternatives are available too, from almost DIY systems such as megasquirt to major players such as Acell, Electromotive, DFi, MSD to name but a few.

Is the currently installed motor injected?

If not, then also consider the high pressure fuel requirements, pumps/returns, swirlpot(s), pressure regulator, additional sensors for Water Temp, air temp, throttle position, Manifold pressure (or MAF to airboxes) + a crank trigger and if running sequential, a cam position signal too. Consider also the ignition requirements, to keep a distributor, or to switch to a multi-coil setup (coil per plug or wasted spark). The list goes on and depending on your own experience/willingness to 'dive in', careful consideration should also be given to the availability of experienced assistance for setup/tune/problem diagnosis.

Hope I haven't muddied the waters too much - there's a lot to consider but a well injected engine is a great experience indeed!:) Just ask anyone who has driven one...

I used Redline by Weber on my stacks. It has inputs for all the appropriate sensors and can control both fuel and spark if you want. It also offers many tuning options including the ability to mix different percentages of TPS with the fuel map. You need a laptop, but the screens are very clear and easy to use. Here's a pic:

coupe2-20-06006.jpg

Back