930 w LSD & 5 speed conversion

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Russ, My take on the auction is that the car was converted from a 4spd to 5spd, not the trans was converted. I've never heard of a procedure converting the 930 4spd to 5spd. I believe if it has/is being done, more of or members would know about the procedure. How is your car coming along?

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Greg, I think you're right. The car not the trans. Duh!

A couple of years ago Rennsport had a 5 speed conversion they were going to put into production. Last I enquired they had not been able to get the price down to a level they were confident would generate sales.

Cars coming along fine but running a little behind schedule. Got a heap of goodies arriving in a container next month. It's difficult trying to build a car from scratch when you don't have the bits on hand that you have to mount. Takes three months from the time something is dispatched before it gets here by sea. Airfreight is prohibitive. Chassis is almost finished. Motor and trans are mounted. Lim is flat stick machining parts for uprights, driveshafts, axles and numerous wee bushes etc.

When I get my computer fixed I'll post some more on my build site. Currently it won't recognise my camera or printer. PITA!

What stage are you at with accumulating bits? Sorry to hear of your experience with Tirebiter.

Sorry Ron, lots of thread drift!
Cheers

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Gregg,

When I saw this auction, I immediately thought of your trials and tribulations as documented in the Consumer section. Any possibility that this is the same guy under a new pseudonym?

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Lynn, I thought the same thing. I guess anything is possible as far as him being one in the same, however I do not know. I would like to though.

Any of our Californian brethren interested in finding out?

Ron Earp

Admin
I'd be careful. Southern California is a big place, where is he registered, and the Id is brand new, just registered a few days ago.

Gregg, if you have not already you need to write this up for Ebay. They do, despite what some think, take action against folks in well-documented cases.

Ron

Chris Duncan

Supporter
SCAMMER

""The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing.""

It supposedly came out of the sellers car, then he updates saying he's not sure which year the trans is, then he ends the auction because of a listing error? yeah right.

Ron Earp

Admin
I'd say we watch that ID. I bet we can prevent a lot of GT40s.com folks and our friends on FFCobra.com from being ripped off. I'd bet $10 it is one and the same.

Ron

Back