A Black SLC Heading North on 280 Yesterday

The black Rapier car is the car that Fran had at SEMA. It is indeed for sale for $110k+ and is apparently currently in the Boston area.

I think there is only one Black Rapier, if so then whoever bought it got a great deal. The part total in the car easily exceeded the selling price (if true). People sell things for all kinds of reasons, the seller certainly had way more money than that in the car. Probably had some external pressure to let it go whatever the price.

Kind of sad, but then there is a new owner that got a hell of a deal.

I assume the car is sold, but does anyone still have the link for that ebay listing? For that price, I'm kicking myself that I didn't know about that listing.

Edit: Found the listing. . . and am really beside myself that I missed this opportunity.
Link

Last edited:
Ouch, he really took it up the pooper with that price - me thinks Rapier won't be around much longer if those are the selling prices they're getting.

It's also though kind of sad for owners, because this is where the slippery slope starts - if people start accepting those prices for the cars, then they slowly become worthless on the market (kind of like cobras or other cars - buyers think they can out-wait you, force you into a "distressed" sale, and get the car for 40% of the value of its parts alone)

I find it hard to believe. There are about 100 guys on this forum who are on EBAY everyday. I'm sure someone would have "MAYBE" mentioned that there is an SLC on EBAY (as was done with the red one in AZ).
What gives John?

C

crag77L

Last email i had was the "turnkey" had problems and he was looking to sort them all out and employ someone....
probably didnt bother and got out at least getting some money back

looking forward to some "SLC race line up" results as we seem half way in season already..how time flies....

The same car was "won" in an eBay bid a few weeks ago for low $70s, IIRC. But I don't think the deal was actually consumated- the current eBay listing would tend to confirm that, since it is the same seller (Rapier Cars).

It could be that the seller really just wanted out.

Or it could be another case of either a shill bid, or a bidder who otherwise failed to buy.

I wonder if the same car will appear again in a few weeks....

In any case, as other have pointed out, the parts alone are much less than the "winning" price in that auction, so if it is a real sale, the buyer got a tremendous car for practically nothing.

The same car was "won" in an eBay bid a few weeks ago for low $70s, IIRC. But I don't think the deal was actually consumated- the current eBay listing would tend to confirm that, since it is the same seller (Rapier Cars).

Awesome. That means I missed it TWICE. Where is that big "L" stencil I keep around here?

Hmmmmm - I think to help re-establish market value the next sales have to happen around $200k ..... failure to abide by these conditions means Mr. Pointey will be making a special appearance :D

mace1.jpg

wilwood2.jpg

Both cars are now sold from my chat with Billy today......

It's probably none of my business ( :D ) but I take it he's probably winding down the business? Looks like he's selling assets, and the exoticrocket.com domain is dead as of right now.

Billy has been battling the Big C again (somewhat succesfully I am pleased to say)..and has recently got himself a newborn.......

Rapier is alive and well and has just changed location....somewhere warmer...

Last edited:
I should know better, but I will ask the question anyway. Alex - Mr Pointy? Something you made/bought? Something you have a need for or have ever used???:shy:

I should know better, but I will ask the question anyway. Alex - Mr Pointy? Something you made/bought? Something you have a need for or have ever used???:shy:

If somebody breaks into my property and I don't feel like shooting, there's nothing wrong with having a piece of wood with metal spikes attached to it...... :)

Back