A Black SLC Heading North on 280 Yesterday

Who's black SLC was that driving on the 280 freeway in the San Mateo/Burlingame portion of the freeway heading towards SF?

That was very nice. I would love to see it somewhere sometime and check it out.

WHAT?! A running SLC around here?
An SLC had landed in NorCal and the Triad does not know about it? Our Intellegence gathering operation needs some serious work :)

Dave, Howard. We have a mission.

The SLC had the race tail of course and I was so stunned by it, that it took me a minute or two just to answer the question which was posed in my car......"What kind of car is that?" :shocked:

I wasn't willing to speed to catch up to it, but all I have to say is WOW!

Pictures are deceiving.

I'm calling this a case of mistaken identity.

Fran, any deliveries to the Bay Area with enough time to get built...besides the three of us that is :) It would actually have to be even a shorter amount of time since the street tail was mentioned to be on the car.

Fran, any deliveries to the Bay Area with enough time to get built...besides the three of us that is :) It would actually have to be even a shorter amount of time since the street tail was mentioned to be on the car.

It wouldn't be my first mistake and if it is, then I apologize, but I've been on this site a while, own a Kirkham Cobra (SAAC member forever), loved cars all my life and that car with its race tail would seem to me to be unmistakeable.

Looked like Doc's pic.

I dunno....but I'm looking forward to tuning up my waterboarding skills on SOMEbody.

The only way that car is a local SLC is if it is one of the turnkey cars. I sent mail to Fran on the subject ....... as apparently our Intel Force is currently practicing observation techniques made famous by ISI Pakistan.

Memo from the desk of Agency Director Hall -
No black SLC in NorCal that he is aware of - agrees with agent 001 that if it is, maybe it's the black Rapier car.

The plot thickens...

Can someone please post the rear ends of both the RCR and Rapier? I got a very good look at the back end.

The black Rapier car (they also have a red one) was for sale for some time although I have not heard of it being sold. Might of been out for a test drive but last I heard it was at RCR.

There are many cars out there that are not represented here, and that Fran doesn't know about. I know for a FACT that there is another RCR-40 with a ricardo transaxle driving around the US (Chicago area, I think) that has been on the road for over a year at least. As far as I know Fran has no idea who it is, but the guy who built it for the customer is a friend of the guy working on my car.

It's a small world, and this place helps bring us together, but the world is bigger than it seems...

Back