A/C Hookup

Need advice from anyone with a Roush engine with serpentine belt. It uses a Sanden 7176 compressor with side ports, not the earlier 508 model with rear ports. The supplied A/C hose fitting goes under the compressor, but I can't hook up both hoses in that location. Options seem to be getting adapters for right side hookup or replacing one of the hoses with a shorter custom one. I think Spyder Mike has the later compressor. Can someone post a photo or help me out? Thanks.

Thanks Randy. My compressor is on the right side and I don't want to redo the elaborate Roush bracketry. I'm hoping to hear from another SPF owner that has the same compressor/port location.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Dave I have a SPF MK1 with a aluminum block but used the brackets that came with the car, not that I wouldn't like to have had the Roush set up but this car is eating me alive. :) I cut about 1.5 feet of hose off and crimped new fittings on them, you may be able to find some different ones on line that will lessen the distance between the engine bay and compressor. Here is a picture of my set up and another picture of what I believe to be your set up.

Attachments

• IMG_8454.jpg
    IMG_8454.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_9120.jpg
    IMG_9120.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 284
Back