A few hundred yards...

Neil

Supporter
Okay I googled it and now I know what happened. I've been stuck in the airport for the past couple of days and had not seen any news

The worst mass shooting in Britain in over ten years. A shooter shot five people including a three year old girl. A very rare occurrence, thankfully, in Britain.

Neil

Supporter
Larry:

"A gunman in southwest England killed five people, including a young girl, before turning his weapon on himself, police say. ..."

Another case of a nut who telegraphed his insanity on the internet but nobody said or did anything.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry:

"A gunman in southwest England killed five people, including a young girl, before turning his weapon on himself, police say. ..."

Another case of a nut who telegraphed his insanity on the internet but nobody said or did anything.

Thanks, Neil/Karl.
Not a word about that over here that I've seen.
Probably because there are more people killed during lunch hour in Chicago (and a few other cities over here) every day.

SMH

I started my reply on the phone, but found I couldn't edit...okay, so here is waht I was going to say. I saw it on most major US news sites. Not sure why you couldn't find it. More info coming out on the perp.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I saw it on most major US news sites. Not sure why you couldn't find it. More info coming out on the perp.

To find any particular news item, one has to know what it's about! 'Have to be able to input at least a few relevant specifics before Google can come up with it. All I had to work with was helicopters in Plymouth on Thursday...and all that netted me was HRH's 'chopper' showing up there!

Inputting "A gunman in southwest England killed five people" got the job done. ;-)

I was trying to say that I actually heard about it first on major US news feeds...no googling required. Then I googled "Plymouth UK" and it was all over the place.

How the heck does one edit a post after submitting it?

Chris Kouba

Supporter
How the heck does one edit a post after submitting it?

In the build thread forum, you can. There is an edit link in the bottom of your own posts for you to select. In most (all?) of the other forums, you have only 15m (I think, or at least it used to be, may be gone now) to make any edits and then your post becomes a "permanent" part of the internet.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"I was trying to say that I actually heard about it first on major US news feeds...no googling required. Then I googled "Plymouth UK" and it was all over the place."
I Googled the same thing (and variations a well) and all I got was the coverage of HRH Princess Ann's visit.

"How the heck does one edit a post after submitting it?"
It's always been my experience that after 15 mins or so one can't. No "edit" option will appear in the lower right hand corner of the post.
WHY that's the case I have no idea.

Back