A most fortunate day...

Devin

Supporter
Cool...keep us up to date on either one of your progress.

I am seriously leaning toward building my own GT40 from "scratch", I really like a challenge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Devin

That seems to be what the majority of people have indicated to me, that the panels are derived from KVA. Therefore, unless I am wrong, to answer your other question, yes, it's from Ken Atwill's original reproduction off a Mark I.

I have received a tremendous amount of interest on this and will keep everyone informed of my progress. Thanks to all to my fellow forum members for their insightful input...

Rick

Brian Magee

Supporter
Ken Attwell's original body was taken from a Mk. III at the Ford museum in Swansea. His Mk I body does not truly replicate an original '60s car, neither does any of the British supplied kits. The front and rear clips and doors all differ from the originals.

Brian.

[ QUOTE ]
That seems to be what the majority of people have indicated to me, that the panels are derived from KVA. Therefore, unless I am wrong, to answer your other question, yes, it's from Ken Atwill's original reproduction off a Mark I.

I have received a tremendous amount of interest on this and will keep everyone informed of my progress. Thanks to all to my fellow forum members for their insightful input...

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification, Brian.

Rick

Devin

Supporter
Rick,

Just thought I would bring this to the surface again.

Hows the progress coming along on your bodies?

Devin

Devin

Supporter
Bill,

Are you selling bodies/body parts yet?

I remember from the previous posts that you were sounding like you were going to and just curious about the status of that and what kind of $$ we might be talking (can PM me).

Devin

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Rick, I came to this forum after you posted all these and just read the thread now. Where was the barn you found these in? When you wrote you've wanted to do this since you were 16, all I could think was "I hope he's only 18 now 'cause he's got about thirty years of work ahead to scratch-build a GT40! You have more initiative than me by a bunch. I hope it's going well and look forward to the day I can race you down Hunt Club... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hey Rick - I too just got the chance to read your post - excellent!! Very interested in your progress so keep us in the loop with some pics as you go.

Contrats! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey everybody:

Thanks for the interest. As Mark and Chris know, we're all waiting up here for the snow to disappear (probably in about 4 weeks there about...)

The second that occurs, I'm back in the garage to continue working on the molds, I'll post updates as I progress as I do want to document this.

I'm still disappointed that I didn't make it down to the Toronto star but all well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mark, definitely will want to cruise with you on Hunt Club, unfortunately, Carling Ave. needs to be resurfaced!!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark, it was a barn out in Almonte. I got lost trying to find the place (wrong directions from my buddy) and ended up way out in the bush somewhere at night... kinda creepy if you know what I mean.

I was half-expecting somebody's idea of a GT40 based on a Camaro covered with fiberglass so you can imagine I was pleasantly surprised to see all those lovely curves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes it's a lot of work, but is it ever worth it!

Rick

Back