Aaron's SL-C build...

Gregg F

Gregg F
Supporter
I'd like to take a moment to thank you for these detailed posts. I'm about to start my build - in about a month, if my move goes according to plan. The fiberglass work is the piece that has concerned me most and the posts of your process has really helped me get a grip on the design and build steps involved.

I’m back on the SL-C.. My home projects are all caught up and I’ve been building parts for the car.. The rear inner fender panels are made and ready to bond to the body. Today I was working on smoothing out the front of the doors where the hinges mount. If you look back in my build log I created inserts for the front portion of the doors to thicken them and make them more rigid. I hope to go on the maiden drive yet this fall...

I've been knee deep in fiberglass every evening.. I want to thank everyone else that can feel my pain. o_O Maybe Fran will ask for the communities opinions on SL-C changes and updates? I know that we all have a list that we can provide to him if he asks...

I test fit the rear inner fender panels that I've created and I plan to bond them into the rear clam very soon. I finished the fiberglass on the air box and I'm thinking of gel coating it on both the inner and outer surface. The dual fuel inlet main body mod is all prepped and ready for final fiberglass. I'm still planning a drive in August or September.