Active Power Cars?

Robert,

I have never heard of them. My guess is because they seem to be a brand new company of a couple of guys putting together kits. The information that they give on their web site is pretty vague, except for the price of the kit. As far as kits go, this one is pretty cheap. I would be very careful here. I have learned that just because someone is a good technician, doesn't make him a good business man. My opinion that this is a questionable company is from the several misspelled words on their web site.

I would stick with some known great manufacturers. I know personally that RCR does a good job and is incredibly helpful. I own a CAV and it is an incredible car. The list goes on, but in the end, you will get what you pay for.

They have been around for a while, then went out of business, and now have re-appeared again.

They used to do the GT40, a Lola and a McLaren, IIRC, all based on a single chassis with C4 Corvette suspension.

I saw them one year at Carlisle, and was not really impressed.

"You pays your money and takes your chances", as the saying goes.

I got a chance to get a close look at one of their chassis and I was not impressed...my first thought was a lack of triangulation and strengthening members...I don't remember the exact configuration of the suspension, but I do remember it was not similar to a 40.
The body seemed nice enough, but I believe he was outsourcing those parts, don't remember the pricing but as was mentioned I did see a car at Carlisle a couple of years ago.
Just my 2c
Phil

Hello everybody,
We never went out of business. We had transitioned from building Hot Rods to the GT cars just in time for the 2008 collapse. It came clear I needed to just put things on hold. Went through personal problems. I had sunk so much money and effort into the Chaparral 2D project and it never went anywhere. It all just caught up with me.
I've been slowly but surely over the last few years working on the GT40 replica, refining it and setting up to produce it. Decided to focus on one car. We still have the McLaren M6GT and the Lola T70 available but they are special order.
I just felt it was time to start advertising again last fall and it's been encouraging. Got a couple orders and we're ramped back up.
We still offer the kits but found the market is for a complete roller.
It's good to be back, the cars are really nice, you'll see, finishing up the first one right now and will be posting pictures soon.
Chris

Back