Adventure RV

Bill Kearley

Supporter
71A57C61-8F20-4DDA-AF12-344A332A3E86.jpeg

This is as far as I got with constructing my overlander

Bill Kearley

Supporter
That pic was just a joke Chris. I have a slide-in Arctic Fox
The bellows crumbled and fell apart dew to very cold temps. The wrong type of rubber was the problem.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Haven't posted on this project too much but I have been working on it extensively lately. It's going for abrasive blast and epoxy paint on Weds, so I am making sure that everything which needs to be welded on is where it needs to be. I have a few things to still take care of but it is coming together, and the exciting thing is that once it's back, I can put a floor in it and skin the exterior- and then it's "usable"!!!

No pics to share, and even if there were, they'd just look like most of the other pics of a jungle gym on the back of a truck chassis. The next few changes are really going to be noticeable.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Most excellent!
Curios about tge skinning process and order...
Do you save the roof skinning for last to give you light while working inside? Or...

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I am thinking that I will start with the roof, mostly because if the rainy season starts before I get it completely skinned, I still have some shelter. Then sides and the bottom. It won't really matter on the sequence as the corners will all have some sort of edge cap to cover the seam and protect the panel perimeter, which will go on last. The panels will be sealed individually though, and the cap is a bit of insurance and protection, with another layer of sealant being provided with it as well.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Major milestone today: box is paneled enough to be set back onto the chassis!!

AM-JKLVzn7W3TFHyBGY8PCQywZWtUOmse1rYbxMqO9n2fgjyBJ2DpiQQB8CgJHmHJo1sG_baC07f-bWMLY_7__VPhhqmjaqzyx12W3MgUHydu8RGx3fpWAgwlN4R_h-kDjMdj37XVP9JOjtVMO2e_MoyfYNezA=s937-no

Still have some panels to close out from the inside and in the cargo bay, and need to fully mount it back on the chassis (it's actually still bearing weight on the jacks), but I've gone past the step of building yard art and will shortly be arriving at functional vehicle. Massively stoked about the progress!! Once I complete the paneling and get the floor and door in, we will take it out for a trip, with the goal of doing that before the end of the year.

It was a great day!!

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Thanks Kevin.

Box is now fully on the chassis and we've gone for a walk around the block:
AM-JKLW7WCVp8IbtAKHS1eSAkcyg2C6RJAgFnUMl8Zgi1vLPDCOJM39XblNaO-giDnxiKqGsScUWeYDGGzC08qzGdpLnw31v9UrbIjVqkpTO_cdypZLAWnJlbd9dW-pC0eTgPat1WEpkXIYxuv5jKalID_TMVQ=w1358-h937-no

AM-JKLW3NU6s0CmuaaqtKU3elF4NBJiGWB3UjX2xLpOlaSsoHRRtKD2olaGZsCxT9GcgvoMO7GKqRg4XylQggr4V63_xOhQqxrPdd2wTLQnALuRScv3As-T1W3r29eRKwFTMJiyJJWS1pnOllH3_FS9hGmzjFA=w1433-h937-no

AM-JKLU4I1cFwdIq0eOWd08lAj75jZG6MkBZdY4EdbI3Y8yBf-Gw_I0uUMNz6LvfvD6jMhOLWj3hSQt20-E7nnry4ncK08Xa7d6PNvJs3Xuz97vci_QB5CODVAUYrFajs2qD7x-bjnx9XOsbFNY3U9JHLgZ5IA=w1529-h937-no

I am completely stoked with the results so far. Still a long row to hoe before it's "done", but it has become a real thing now instead of the portable jungle gym it has been since last Thanksgiving.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Looks awesome Chris. Great craftsmanship. You are going to have a one off work of art when it’s finished.
Congrats on the milestone.

Regards Brian

Back