After 6 weeks of searching and working...

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
We finally have a new Nissan Armada in the driveway!!! I tell you what man, this has been full of ups and downs getting my wife her new car. LOL We have honestly been searching for 6 weeks. We have put over 2,000 miles on our truck driving all over Texas for these "Deals" that never work out. Extremely FRUSTRATING!!! April has been brought to tears twice because of all the stress. Here's what has happened the last few days...

We drove to Dallas (4 hr drive one way) to the Car Max there and they told us they'd give us payoff on our truck which is $12k. We drive there because they have this really nice perfect white 2008 Armada fully loaded that April is drooling over. We get there and it doesn't have the rear DVD like the advertisement said. Not a biggy. We take it on a test drive while they appraise our truck. We get back and go inside for them to let us know what's up and sign the paperwork and get on our merry way... Not so fast. They will only give us $9k for our truck. Now, if you don't know what Car Max is, it's basically a retail used car dealership. There is no haggling the price at all. What you see is what you pay and what they will give you for your trade is what they'll give you. No more, no less. Soooo, off we go back home. We have been offered anywhere from $12k - $14k for our truck for trade-in, but haven't gotten the numbers to work out before. April is in tears... Complete waste of a whole day!

Tuesday, yesterday, she calls a dealership in Austin (2 hr drive one way) because they have a nice one that's also fully loaded, AND this one has the DVD, but it's a dark green/grey. This puppy has everything except 4x4, we can live with that, and it's not white like she wants. She says to the guy on the phone, "Look, I need $12,500 on my trade and I need to walk out the door in this Armada at no more than $35k. We have already been approved by our credit union for that much on a used one. If you can do this and put it in writing for me, I'll be down there by lunch time." The guy got it done and off we go!

Not so fast, wasn't quite that easy... We get there, truck is beautiful, they're extremely impressed with our trade in, all is rolling perfectly! We can't get in touch with the credit union rep. No biggy, they let us take the Armada to lunch. We come back and there's a problem... Credit union rep needs us to call her quick. April does and she tells her that they will only pay $28k on the truck and only go as far out as a 53 month loan. Now, after 6 weeks of tireless searching, you CAN NOT find a 2008 FULLY LOADED ARMADA LE for friggin $28k!!!! Not going to happen! April is in tears & I'm pissed off!!

They tell her to try to get a new one and they'll pay $40k for it and put it out to 60 months. I call another dealership and they start working on a 2010 Platinum, (new term for the fully loaded LE). April's in there talking to the finance guy at this dealership still so I walk in there. They try to get her financed through their credit lines and come back with about a 7.9%. Not bad, but the credit union was giving us 4.9% on the used and 4.25% on the new. I get a call from the other dealership saying they can make it happen, but they found a white one with everything we want (white is April's favorite car color) and can have it there the next day. Well, I let the credit guy she's talking with know that information. He's a good ol' car guy, we had been talking about his projects and that kinda stuff. I really like this guy and hate to do this, but we have to figure out what's best for us.

Anyway, we're trying to decide whether to buy a new one, or get this 2008. We're debating, and trying to weigh all the options, then the credit guy says...

"If I can make your payments under $600 a month, will you not answer your phone when that guy calls you back?"

Check out our new(ish) 2008 Armada!!! :thumbsup:

100_3751.jpg

100_3752.jpg

100_3754.jpg

100_3755.jpg

100_3756.jpg

100_3757.jpg

100_3758.jpg

100_3759.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
So it appears that the Real Estate business has picked up for you!!! :thumbsup:

Nice ride!!!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
So it appears that the Real Estate business has picked up for you!!! :thumbsup:

Nice ride!!!

No, it hasn't. But my wife makes great money and her credit score rocks and this one is actually costing us LESS per month than the 2005 F150 we traded.

Good for you Brian. It just shows that if your are patient, committed and firm, you can get what you want. Despite what Mick jagger said!
Garry

Back