Another fan joins

Hi everyone

It seems to be common for people to lurk for while before joining - I've certainly been reading for many months now using the forum to allow me to dream about building my own GT40.

I've just had a stroke of luck at work so have a bit of extra cash coming my way. I've been softening up the Mrs for several months and she has finally given the all-clear so I've moved up from 'tyre kicker' to the next level.

I'm based in Melbourne and work in IT, however have an engineering background. I find myself constantly looking for projects outside of work to engage myself in. You just don't get the satisfaction from my line of work that you get from building something with your own hands.

I've got two young boys (1 and 3), a Mrs, two dogs a mortgage. Maybe not the right time of life to be starting this project but I guess there never is a better time than now.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Cheers

Adrian

Welcome Adrian, you must have an understanding Mrs if she has given the all clear for launch with 2 small kids to look after, let's face it she won't see much of you for the next few years if you start a build. Alternatively if you share your time between car build and family the kids will be just about old enough to drive it when you complete! - only kidding. You will find everything that you need here and enjoy the ride!

Back