Audi 016 transaxle supplier in UK

I'm looking for a new 016 transaxle - and for those of you who think I'm crazy, it needs to be new to get a current date registration for the vehicle in the UK.

Can anyone recommend the cheapest way to get hold of one in the UK - preferably one with the "best" ratios ie the 3U? I expect it will cost!

There was a place in Germany a while ago that had a bunch of new ones sitting around. If I remember correct they were quite cheap, around 400 Euros or so.

You might want to do a search in the For Sale section, I remember that Mark Worthington posted a link there.

Shipping shouldnt be too bad and the price is definitely the cheapest I have seen anywhere!

Hope this helps,
Lukas

Thanks Lukas and Brett for the responses - re the German supplier, the link no longer works and there don't seem to be any suitable boxes on the German eBay, going by my rusty German, anyway! Lukas, do you have any contact details for the guys who were selling the boxes? I'm also trying the UK VAG network who don't have any in the UK but think they can get one from Germany. Not cheap, of course!

I had corresponded with the vendor in Germany who was selling new 016 boxes on ebay last winter. They had a pretty good selection, and they said they would sell them to me for something like 400 euros. Here's their contact information:

Andreas Wolff
Wotan Automotive AG
Neuerweg 1
D-59505 Bad Sassendorf
Tel: 02927 919 810
Fax:02927 919 819
www.wotan-ag.de

Back