Aviation Glamour..

This reminds me of a girly calendar photo shoot we had at my airport a few years back. The girls were sequestered in a changing room, aka, ready room that adjoined one of the hangars taking off their clothes where the shooting was to take place. Aircraft we had for the girls to lay on included a TBM, a Skyraider, Waco BiPlane, L4 Centinal, several T6's, a Stearman, and a DeHaviland Chipmunk. Likewise, there were several classic cars to be used, beginning with a Duesenburg, a GT40, a '40 Ford Coupe and so on.

After the shoot, Doc, our ace of the base, was belting up in the front seat in a T6 preparing to take a model for a ride. She was in the back seat wearing a net top . . . not too much hidden, but too much for one fellow. He yelled, "Take off your top!" She did just that as Doc was turning around to help her with her harness just as "they" popped out. We all had that deer in the headlights look, especially Doc. Once things had settled down, it was the worst taxi I've ever seen Doc execute!

Back