Back to Cars

'Ello

The main reason I joined this Forum was the high signal to noise ratio and all the good ideas and technical information. The other stuff is important too but unfortunately attracts a disproportionally high number of the for Gods sake get a life sad fringe of nutters. You know the sort of bloke; where you'd rather break a leg than spend an evening in a pub with them

So its back to the cars boys.

Went round to see Terry Hennerby of Speedwell Replicas yesterday as he has finished an RCR build (he does them for a living). Terry has been most helpful to me giving freely of his advice in my RCR build (he lives fairly local to me, about 45 minutes drive). I was much taken with the colour of the car and thought a few piccies were in order (Terry is on one of them) for others to drool over. Anyway it is time that the RCR40 guys:rolleyes: hit back at all the time on the forum given over to the SL-C (which, in fairness, is to my eyes the most beautiful of all the modern supercars except maybe the McClaren F1).

I have no business connection with Speedwell Replicas

Frantastic or what

Best

John

Attachments

• Terry GT401.jpg
    Terry GT401.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 789
  • Terry GT402.jpg
    Terry GT402.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 380
  • Terry GT405.jpg
    Terry GT405.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 490
  • Terry GT403.jpg
    Terry GT403.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 394
  • Terry GT406.jpg
    Terry GT406.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 536

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Much agreed. Beautiful car there!! How is your build coming? What challenges have you faced with the LS7 in the Mk-I chassis? I know Fran makes provisions for everything, but have you had any road blocks yet? What about that ZF-Q transaxle? Any little trick things you're planning to do on your car that you'd like to share with us?

Laters,

Brian

As hit backs go:

GT40's 1, SL-C's 0.

'Kent' isn't far from me but thats like saying I live in 'Surrey'.... would love to go and see some of theirs (and Fran's) handy work.

Brian

Hope to be updating my build thread (here on the Forum) soon. Thanks for your comments

Ben

You are welcome to visit me anytime. Send me a pm and I will respond with any info.
Speedwell Replicas have a wesite speedwell-replicas.com which gives contact details.

Hey John, thanks for the offer, I'm in sunny Purley (yeah right), A23/M23 is outside my door, not sure how far that is from you guys?

Hey a pic with Terry in it......when you chat with someone often and know there voice but not their face you wonder what they look like. Nice to put a face with the voice, lol!

Beautiful car there!

Ben

Terry is about 40 minutes from you along the M25 and south of Maidstone (Kent). My pad is in Lindfield, straight down the M23 and on the North East corner of Haywards Heath in Lindfield, about 35 minutes.

Best

John

The color and workmanship is gourgous!! needs Webers IMHO :)

I very seldom give compliments... But yours is well deserved. BRAVO!!!!!

Dave Collins

Supporter
Hi Terry,

Found the article in TKC very interesting. I wish you good luck with your enterprise.

One question, I noted in the intro to the article that it stated that you are now the RCR UK agent.

Could you advise if this is in relation just to cars procured through yourself, or are you going to act as a point of contact for any RCR queries for any RCR cars supplied in UK, so we do not have to keep bothering Fran direct.

I was going to get in touch with Fran shortly regarding some data for SVA application and just wondered if this should come via yourself instead?

Regards

Dave

Back