Battlecry..!!!!!

I know the GTM-R has two fuel cells for about 40 gallons total... more than twice that of the SL-C. That coupled with the likely inferior mpg's of substantially more power, the SL-C will definately need an outright performance advantage to make up lost time in the pits.
I stand corrected. According to info about the car in a link provided by Fran, the SL-C is using a custom fuel cell.
Specs from site:
42 gallon custom endurance fuel cell with double dry break quick fill system

I want to congratulate Fran and his shop for devoting so much time and effort to this huge event. Entering this event is a lifetime experience and assisting a charity makes it more satisfying than winning! (Helping a cause vs. accepting a bowling trophy) (that what NASA gives out while the staff is leaving on their Christmas European vacation). That's another story. To survive the 25 is unlike any emotional endeavor I have ever experienced with my friends and competitors. If you have the chance, it is well worth the price of plane fare to go. It is not like driving Daytona 24 or Indy but at night here, is like going into your closet and shutting the door (DARK) then add cold, rain, snow, and fog. I believe this race with Fran and company will truly be my chance of a lifetime! Running in the same class with a class act is an achievement for me on a personal note. I am looking forward to a great competition of wits, strategy,meeting new friends, and great stories that will be shared for a long time to come. It was once said to me about this event, " I went to this 3 day camping social and a road race broke out." No matter how you slice and dice it, there is just to much fun not to share with friends and family. Good luck Fran and Co.

To all the SLC enthusiasts and supporters that will be following the race here, be sure to note that PDG (GTM-R) is bringing everything from "B to Z" to win the race. Why no "A" you ask? because we have no "A" material.

Cobra61

Thanks Richard...

I know its going to be a steep learning curve and we are all looking forward to it...

I hope that our little challenge will bring a few more people to the track to watch the race...

The recent Petit Le Mans event was absolutely packed and it was great to see so many people back at the racetrack ...

Welcome Richard,
From what Crash writes you guys bring a great attitude to this event. I and a few other SLC owners will probably be there, we look forward to meeting the competition.

I can't imagine what TH is like in the dead of winter (well ....yes I can) but I guess I'm going to find out. A 25 hour car race must be a hell of a commitment. I was involved in a 24 hour race once but we never made the start line as one of out riders tried to win practice in the second session of the event, didn't ever muster enough resources to even try to do it again.

I saw your car at the Danville show two years ago, I'm sure it won't be as clean the next time I see it :) Best of luck to your team and have a great race!

To keep all you SLC fans up to date: The guys came over and worked very hard tonight. Most of the work involved getting the "HOOSIER" sticker lined up on the front of the car. There are several donuts on the side from the last race at Buttonwillow where we where 2nd fast qualifier behind the M20 Norma,(now only 5 seconds slower. Last year we were 12 seconds). After 3 hours, we finished 1st in the ES class and 2nd overall. (hit by a couple of Mazdas.) The Krylon team will take care of this on Friday. I learned in my Pony stock car days that you paint your car a color from the Krylon shelf for easy maintenance! Our car always looks fresh! Shake, rattle and roll, BABY! Saturday, we will be rolling the battleship gray color on the muffler tube roll bar to make it look like chrome-molly.

RM

I am pretty sure Richard asked for some RCR stickers to cover up the FF ones on the car .....:shocked:..as the GTM looks like a GT40

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Richard asked for some RCR stickers to cover up the FF ones on the car .....:shocked:..as the GTM looks like a GT40

Fran,

It would be a great thing if you made some hop up parts for the GTM (ie: suspension arms, sway bars, etc). I know you would never do it. But one can dream. :drunk: (I don't drink)

I know I would be a buyer and I know I wouldn't be the only one.

We did a full rod end billet suspension system for Corvette C5 replacement /track parts but RCR and Superlite cars come first ... and as we are very busy with them at present there is no need to do FF's development work for them...

I guess, in reality if someone already owns a GTM they are unlikely to be buying an SL-C so maybe I should capiltalise on the cars need for upgrades... what do you think???

Keeping you guys in the loop. This weekend was a tough one. Sharing the time between painting a FFR Coupe, and delivering the beta box back to Mendeola. I drove most of Saturday night and Sunday morning. meeting Crash in Los Angles, and he will make the final drop to the factory. Since we only use 2 gears during the race, they will be lightening up the box and removing all that unnecessary rotating mass. :thumbsup:
we are lightening up the car by 10 lbs, (all drivers are now on a diet). Sunday, I just finished grooving all the sets of rain tires. (somehow, they now all look like sprint car tires!?). To Fran and Co.: We do run quite a bit of stagger at Thunderhill. Note to SLC team: we are just as fast on the track as we are in the dirt! (team experience: 3 championships in Australia, 15 championships on pavement and dirt open wheel). :laugh3: The body is primed and ready for the new yellow and black paint scheme. Just got new axles from Pick 'n Pull this morning. They look like they will go the distance. One boot was cracked but I had some silicone left over from a remodel that will mend the crack. ( I'll save about 15 bucks there). Our windshield is cracked and FFR doesn't respond for a new one, so I went over to Harbor Freight and got a dozen of those 3 dollar windshield repair kits and should be fixed by Tuesday. Our garage built Formula One pit stall and tower is ready for paint as I didn't get to paint it last year because we finished it at the track. (It was a HUGE HIT! all are welcome to use it during the race) See pics at Home

to be continued....

See you at the races,

RM

Mext: watch for "top 10 list of "things the SLC drivers are thinking while racing the gTM-R":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GTM-R update.

The car is all sanded and ready for new colors. I went to my favorite race shop: "HOME DEPOT". I picked up the paint and will be sporting the new look. Since we can't afford the high horse power and the high end stuff that we only dream about...I did the next best thing:: I am painting the car to look like John Greenwood's winning Corvette at Daytona. At least we will look just as fast as the SLC in the pre game photo shoot! (motor upgrade: I bought some new spark plugs today).

to be continued:

RM

I guess, in reality if someone already owns a GTM they are unlikely to be buying an SL-C so maybe I should capiltalise on the cars need for upgrades... what do you think???

I think you already know the answer: don't fabricate a thing until you have a customer's cash in hand.

Excuse my ignorance guys, but when is the race to be run, and will any of it be televised?

I've enjoyed reading this thread and would love to catch some of the race (from my armchair).

Cheers,

Graham.

P.S. Because you, Fran, are a true Brit, I'll be shouting you on :thumbsup:

Gravy,
last year it was televised but have not herd a word about this year. PDG is working on a live streaming effort to show on our website. You would have to see the show only from our perspective and then conclude at the winner's circle with us. It would be mostly about us and the competitors with overall updates. Better than nothing.

RM

NASA should have live timing over the internet. Nothing to see but numbers flashing but keeps you up-to-date on the progress of the race.

NASA should have live timing over the internet. Nothing to see but numbers flashing but keeps you up-to-date on the progress of the race.

As far as I know...they do! We have always had live scoring in our "tent" at the pit wall. Can't remember if it was something we had to pay extra for to get a log on, or if it was provided publically.

What I do know is that many others were looking at our computer to see what the standings were, and that the reliability of the system left something to be desired. Word is it will be better this year, but we have heard that line before.

This is a HORRIBLE thread.

Just look at what is going on:

Opponents offering to HELP opponents:

CRASH(Mike) wrote:
we, Team PDG, will do whatever we can to help you guys/gals out should you need something.

Teams being HUMBLE:

gt40fran wrote:
no disrespect meant Ruth.

CRASH(Mike) wrote:
while the reason you end up beating us may very well be that you spend more money to go faster, I will not hold that against you or the SLC team that does it.

gt40fran wrote:
I admire what you build.

Howard Jones wrote:
We got our hands full.

Dave wrote:
I stand corrected.

gt40fran wrote:
should the car have a mechanical fail then we are going to be hounded by being beaten by a backyard built car ( no disrespect meant there by the way)

Gentle Humor!

dbusa wrote:
Naw, it's swim suit weather, you should see all the bikini clad pit crews, why it's almost hard to see the race action due to all the distractions. We're really hoping Richard puts a/c on the observation tower this year

Richard Migliori wrote:
Torque 550 ft lbs--GTM: Our torque wrench only goes to 250 ft lbs of torque

Richard Migliori wrote:
PDG (GTM-R) is bringing everything from "B to Z" to win the race. Why no "A" you ask? because we have no "A" material.

Fran Hall RCR wrote: "I am pretty sure Richard asked for some RCR stickers to cover up the FF ones on the car .......as the GTM looks like a GT40"

OPPONENTS encouraging each other!

Mesa wrote:
Best of luck to your team and have a great race!

gt40fran wrote:
you guys have the single biggest advantage possible...tracktime and 25 hour TH experience..and we look forward to learning from you.

Teams making fun of--THEMSELVES???!!!!

No! No! No! This is NOT the way to do these threads!

This race is Mustang vs. Camaro! Ford vs. Chevy! Porsche vs. Ferrari! Spitfire vs. ME-109! P-38 vs. Zero! Allies vs. Axis! Alien vs. Predator! Luke vs. Darth Vader! Pee-Wee Herman vs.--um--Anybody!

IT'S WORLD WAR THREE!

There must be:

- Lots of Backstabbing!
- Plenty of Chest Thumping!
- Heaps of Name Calling!
- Flat-out Lying!
- Cheating!
- Spitballing!
- Sandbagging!
- Lollygagging!
- And plenty of Dirty Tricks!

This excess of Mutual Respect, Truth-Telling, Humility, and Keeping It All in Perspective has GOT TO GO!

Respectfully yours,

Jacob....

may I respectfully ask you to "piss orff.."...in my best English accent...:laugh:...

Its actually quite nice to be respectful towards one another ...common manners/courtesy and appreciation for hard work are a thing of the past it seems...most are just looking looking to wave their manhood around, and look forward or even attempt to create anothers failure....not so here ..

Last edited:
Back