Battlecry..!!!!!

Howard,
So you are coming to the race? That's great! When they break, you can come and help us. It will be nice to put faces with internet names.

Dave, You are the only active forum person here that stepped up. Thanks. It does make it a little more worth while when it has more involvement than just going around in circles. I figured that this forum would see the importance of this contribution as able to skip the cost of a six pack for a great cause. We ran for a military organization/program 3 years ago, with the GTM and raised 12k.

Like everywhere else: "no pictures, didn't happen" so I guess the 25 Hour slc just doesn't exist.

RM

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
For those interested pics of the 962 body should be here next week. Fran informed me they'll be in and there will be a choice of up to 4 different tail sections. So for those who want to add a detached wing, or low profile body integrated or the higher profile one, you get your cake and eat it too.

Remember you get the already good looking gelcoat color of choice.

See when you call up RCR you get personalized service/answers from Fran. Heck I was lucky to hear back in the same week from FFR.

DAVE, you Fu#*&# you've been holding out on us! The rest of the NORCAL SLC gang demands a viewing!
Well it hasn't just been sitting idle in me garage this whole time :)
You guys are welcome to come over anytime.
Dave, Rob, do we have a meetup plan for the race?
I'm still waiting to hear if we are going to be able to lend a helping or not. Fran says he has us on the roster but that could mean wearing cheerleader outfits and shaking pom-poms as the car goes by each lap.

I'm heading up either way just to see the car if nothing else.

After reading this on the FF forum, I'm a little worried as to whether the GTM will be road worthy, much less race worthy :D
_______

True:
1) Plastic Cheese containers from Costco for Fuel overflow
2) HP 380 rear wheel from dyno
3) 2800 lb car (heavy)
4) Hoosers tire story
5) From splitter is 1/8" plywood with a single coating of Fiber and resin (Bondo brand $14.00 from Orchard hardware and Supply)
6) Conveyor belt held on with elevator bolts to grey heavy wall PVC pipe under splitter
7) Tractor mufflers (Cheap)
8) Rear wing made by LSMan
9) Super secret racing electronics (by Jim)
10) Stock C-5 Corvette brakes with race pads
11) 5 gal dump cans. Have to dump 8 cans during pit stop.
12) Craigs list wheels $135.00 a set.
13) Fleet paint (Ya know the $100.00/gal stuff for Dump trucks) Rattle can to touch up during the season. (just don't let gas get on the rattle can)
14) Boat throttle cable.
15) beat up, dented, leaking, aluminum dry sump tank. "found in the back yard of a dirt sprint car owner". Silicone is a wonderful thing. Hoses to match up Ebay $80.00

And the list goes on and on.

Ken,
Hi there, and thanks for reminding us of how "Grassroots our all volunteer team" is! Our first year of full time racing: 30 entries 28 podium finishes, with 9 SP, SU, ES wins with 2 overall endurance wins, 2nd in ES at the 25. 1 DNF. 1 WERC Endurance Championship. One of the non poduim finihes came at Laguna Seca against 15 Parrelli GT cup cars, giving up 100HP, Race slicks to our DOTs, David Ray finishes an impressive 4th. When a FEMALE driver can get in the car never raced in it, qualify 6th and complete a 3 hour race and win the overall makes the car "race worthy"! When a driver jumps in the car with no practice except 2 qualifying laps and wins ES and second overall to a NORMA. When the car gives up 120 HP and 40 MPH down the straight at Pacific raceway, but logs 5 of the 7 fastest laps in a 6 hour race, I would consider it a contender. Let's not forget about the motor: 381 at the rear wheels, stock c5 rims, Mendeola 5 speed. Everything that I have posted about my car and the basic construction is TRUE! If you guys on this forum are brave enough to check us out, our team will be more than happy to show you around this one of a kind composition and you can see for yourself how top line racing can be done on a minimum wage budget. It is so un race worthy that I have drivers contacting me from all over( Brazil, England, Texas, Penn, Washington) hoping for a ride in the 25 or other endurance races.

I HOPE this gives you enough background to determine whether this car is race worthy.

Check out more stories and race video ( Porsches, 700HP stockcars, getting smoked) on our website PDG4.com (enjoy)

See you at the races,
Chief Dick:thumbsup:

I could add to that list.....

Shift linkage made of 1/2" EMT conduit.
Door latch cables from old house Sevice wiring (cloth insulated 12 guage wire). Fender wells constructed of highway road signs. Wing side boards and infrestructure made from highway road signs. Rear trans mount and frame, recycled from wrought iron fence from a neighbor. Front sway bar shaped by me and Don on my backhoe to fit the c5 control arms. The dry sump tank is a 1970's used tank from a sprint car application. The KEERS system is set up and controlled by Jim. Bake cooling system is designed by Don with road signs and boat bilge blowers. The fuel system is designed by Don that is now used in Thunder Valley Racing's 25 hour Daytona Coupe. We cut our own race tire design drive flat out in the rain, in the dark. Stock corvette radiator. Electric air conditioning (designed by Crash33). Flawless cooling system(designed by Crash33). Suspension slugs for special set ups, designed by Jim. Home made data recording system designed by Jim. Steering degree analyzer designed from a hospital x=ray machine part from a Seattle location. Brake bias memory adjustment computer that analyzes brake percentages in real time and fully adjustable(designed by jim)..rubber chicken from Art when we needed the most!(it helped us win a championship).

RM

Dave I am going up Sat. morning. I'll be there a couple of hours early. 9ish
I plan on being there early too. I may stay "locally" the night before (or even 2-3 if there is snow :D) to lessen the morning drive. If there is some way to contribute that requires me being there earlier I am game for that too.

Just got the pit assignments and we are just 2 pit stalls from
Semper Fi. With our observation tower, we can see all and hear all that goes on in the enemy camp. It will be a great sheew, a really big sheew!
Still loading up the trailer...one of my LEO friends brought over the tire strip that we will use in the pits when the SLC comes in for their first stop.

CAn't wAit!

RM:thumbsup:

Howard Jones

Supporter
SLC team/Fran. As you can see on this thread, there are at least 3 fellow SLC owners that at this point intend to come up and help out if we are needed. I can't speak for the other but I would be good for fetching fuel cans, moving tires around as needed and general grunt work behind the pit wall and to a from the truck.

If I can be of any help then please let me know. If you would rather not post information here publicly then you can send me a PM or email. Let me know if you can use two others and I will contact them if necessary.

I would like contact information, some idea of where and when to arrive, and what you might need me to do. If you have it all covered then that's cool also. I still come up to watch and take some pictures.

Good luck, Howard

Back