Be careful

Here is a reason to wear long pants while climbing around you chassis. It was a hot day here in Florida ..I thought shorts were a good idea..

AA6EE9BB-EAA1-40AF-976F-9C9D31EED69B.jpeg

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Beware the gromets in the seats can also burn!

I usually carry a towel to cover the seat when parked at shows etc, after the back of my leg, in shorts, got branded!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Beware the gromets in the seats can also burn!

I usually carry a towel to cover the seat when parked at shows etc, after the back of my leg, in shorts, got branded!
Has an SPF at Carlisle with the door propped open in bright sunlight. A guy asked if he could put his four year old in the car for a picture. I said "sure" and he dropped the kid in shorts onto the seat.....kid screams bloody murder and springs out of the cockpit. His legs looked like he had been attacked by an octopus! Those grommets get thermonuclear in the sun.....................

Walter, from experiance it will take a few years for that scar to go away. It will leave a collored mark.
Been there, done that and still touching them.
Do a lot of classic motorbikes, Adjusting & sinchronising carbs sometimes is a real pain.. especialy when my fore arm touches that bloody pipe while my hand is reaching for that tiny screw somewhere between that framework.. Welding gloves and tiny tools didn't work toghether.

I always carry toothpaste (the cheapest) to cover up those battle scars.
The enzymes in the toothpaste takes the burning pain away and makes it heal faster.

You first hear the hissing of your skin touching that hot spot. Then there's the smell of burned skin inmediatly followed by that stinging pain... followed by some "words", walking inside, Silendly looking at the wife, cooling it down with water and grabbing the tooth paste..

Back