best over all f.g. body

did a search so don't beat me up too bad
Question: what is the better body to start with and maybe what is the worse......on a scale best to last....maybe some one can help me out here
I have seen Avenger,Cav, and others.....but I am a newbie,,dont want to start with the wrong one
Thanx

Go to a show, or do the rounds, its the only way, touch it feel it etc...........

No seriously, no pictures or opinions matter as much as actually viewing from all angles yourself.

Cheers

that would help....but the info from here ( you guys) is probably more valuable then what I touch or feel....I want a skin that looks as close as possible to the real thing

The Avenger is not a GT40....not even close...

The major GT40 replica makers all supply a "good "
quality body that would fool 99% of the public.
If you are in the UK, Chris Melia also makes nice bodies.

Of course the body is just the start.....each manufacturer
designed their body to fit their chassis/hinges etc...
so don't think you can easily mix and match.
Best bet is to buy matching chassis/body, already mounted.

MikeD

Thank you!! that's the kind of info i am looking for!! sorry live in the USA...I will have to keep track but so far never encountered any shows with GT40 in it.
I would like some one to step up and recommend a couple of glass bodies- want to build my own chaises.....the body would be hardest with no mold or plug to go from,, would end up with a version of GT nothing to exact....cant have that

stanton, Im kinda new into the GT40 replicar scene too.

Heres what Ive come to feel:

ERA GT40 replica is awesome and expensive.
The CAV seems to be at the top as well
Both of those cars use an orig style monocoque tub.
Race Car Replicas is producing a monocoque car, but I dont think any are completed yet.

There are a few really nice space frame cars too:
Roaring Fourties makes an awesome replica.
GT40 Australia also makes a real nice car.

These are the most prevalent replicas from what I can gather...

*Please dont get offended if I forgot to mention your favorite replica*

Stanton, I make and sell GT40 bodies. My bodies fit the originals. PM me. and I live just south of Boston MustangJohny!

[ QUOTE ]
and I live just south of Boston MustangJohny!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a shop? Is that an invite? Any GT40's there?

[ QUOTE ]
Stanton, I make and sell GT40 bodies. My bodies fit the originals. PM me. and I live just south of Boston MustangJohny!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, I graduated from Taunton High - where are you located?
I get back east a couple of times a year, and visit friends
and family in and around Boston and SE Mass. If you have a
shop and enjoy visitors, I'd love to come by some time.

Ian

Did you Guys get your PM ?? I do wnat the price William,, and some other facts,-and I do want to visit you and your GT40 Colin.
THANX

Stanton, I did PM you with info. If you didn't get it try; [email protected]
Mustangjohnny, All I have in my shop is a bunch of moulds to make GT40, Lola bodies, and a 1936 540K Mercedes Special Roadster, but you are wellcome to visit anytime. Give a call first; 781-659-1404. There might be a RCR chassis here some time in the future. ??? I would love to have a chassis here so east coast people can see it, but I really don't have the room.

All sounds good..I am on the west coast....a bit far at the moment.....still chasing chassis numbers or a place to buy one

Devin

Supporter
William,

Do you make bits and pieces to order? I am in need of a LHD dash, doors, and possibly a complete spider. I do have door skins and the pieces to make a whole spider but they are not of good quality fiberglass manufacture. Also, do you have a source for glass windshields?

I live in S.E. Virginia and it could be a weekend drive to pick up some parts if you could help a fella out.

Thanks

Devin

Back