BEWARE OF DAVID CRAIG i.e. "TIREBITER"

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
FEEDBACK left for David Craig on another transaxle:

paid $2,336 for transmission with limited slip , never recieved corvettechevyman ( 155) Oct-09-02 09:59

Reply by dcraig0017 (Mar-11-04 09:53):
UPS verified they shipped the transmission. He is up to something fraudulent.

Follow-up by corvettechevyman (Jul-26-04 18:45):
Filed complaint with california police, ups said he never dropped off transmissi

-- (#1841749125) --

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, how about a second sticky in the transaxle section? This way anyone searching for Porsche transaxles in that section will be informed of Mr. Craig and his ways.

Ron Earp

Admin
I'll do that. Someone should maybe post this on the Factory Five forum since they use a lot of G50s for the GTM as well. It does appear that this individual has a history of this sort of thing.

Ron

Wow, reading this reminds me of a fellow in Indiana who sells Ford motors. Called IndyMustang racing. Well, at least it used to be. I bought a 393W stroker from him and to make a VERY LONG story short, barely recieved what he was advertising. I think if you do a Yahoo search for indymustang, you might still get a link from my posting on Club Cobra. Oh yea, I kept all the bad parts, and documented everything. I managed to get him to supply me with new internal parts (i.e. bearings, gaskets, bolts, etc.) but I still spent an extra $1500 making the motor right. I came out better than others. Turned out the guy was under investigation by the Indiana state investigators office. Never did hear how it turned out though. Hope you come out o.k. Gregg.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Gordon, thanks for the post. Will it get lost in the shuffle over there, or can it be made a sticky as well.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Paypal just closed their investigation and advised that I am due a full refund. Waiting to here from the credit card company. I'm sure they will follow suit.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Well, my credit card company just notified me that I will be getting my refund and have closed the case. It seems Dave was a little light on his reply. Apparently the stink of his BS could not over come the simple facts.

Hey Dave, will you be sending me the balance that you owe me?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations on a battle well fought and won!

I'm sure all of us on this forum appreciate your diligence in making the particulars of this matter known, Greg.

Good luck getting the rest of your project completed and let's hope "Tirebiter" gets the message and reforms.

Doug

email sent re: David Craig
Ron, can you please make this a "sticky" so it will always appear at the top of this thread. I would hate for this to get buried and have another forum member get scammed by Dave.

To all forum members, please bear with me as this is somewhat legnthy with numerous pictures. This is my second attempt and it looks like I will have to post numerous times for the entire story.

I purchased a "rebuilt" Porsche 935 transaxle from David Craig. The box was represented as damage free, rebuilt with custom gear ratios. Well lets just say none of it was true. The trans was filthy, the gears rusty, the case damaged in numerous places and welded in at least one, and the bearings, well my mechanic advised that they were heavily worn. Attached for your viewing pleasure are some photos.

Back