Brake and Clutch pipes Routes

Neville B

Supporter
Hello im building a Tornado Gt40 MK1, i have seen some builds with the rear brake and clutch pipe running down the left hand side of the drivers side compartment and some down the central tunnel, so im looking for advice on the best way to route the pipes, any adivce would be appreciated thank you Nobber

Hi Neville,
On my Tornado, I was able to get the clutch & brake lines down the central tunnel, as well as the electrical harness
Regards,
Andy

Neville B

Supporter
Hello im building a Tornado Gt40 MK1, i have seen some builds with the rear brake and clutch pipe running down the left hand side of the drivers side compartment and some down the central tunnel, so im looking for advice on the best way to route the pipes, any advice would be appreciated thank you Nobber

Damn I meant right hand side ie OS of the drivers compartment, been looking at LHD Build ;-)

Mine run over the tunnel with heat insulation between it, as I don't like heat transfer from my coolant pipes into my brake & clutch pipes.
20210517_170231.jpg

I made an alloy cover, to cover it all up..
20210606_102429.jpg

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
In my DAX the clutch, brake and loom run under the cover that goes over the gear change mechanism.

it is RHD in the U.K. so these run along side the drivers right leg with a fibreglass cover between everything and the cockpit itself.

ian

Back