Brake kit Granada Mk2 + Mk3

Hi,

I am checking out the options for brake kit to my Tornado GT40 (calipers, discs, mounting brackets.
In front I have Granada Mk2 spindles and rear Granada Mk3.

It is quite easy to find brake kits to front but to rear it is more difficult.
At rear it would easiest to have integrated parking brake but doable to have separate parking brake caliper.

Do you have any idea, input etc?

Brands?
Hi-Spec or Wilwood or ...

Saab 900 front brakes

Saab fitted the handbrake to the front axle.saab 900 front handbrake

Ian
Thanks Ian,

I suppose you have done your own mounting brackets to Granada Mk2/3 then?
Do you have any pictures of you setup?

PS. SAAB is well known to me and I live only 60 km from the former factory in Trollhättan, Sweden. Also built a Super Seven with SAAB B204E turbo charged engine :D ...a fun car :) DS.

Ed McClements

Supporter

Could these work?

Morten

I had those on the back of my Super Seven; surely they're for solid discs?

16968345260_60075d9ea5_o.jpg

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Joacim, for a mid engined car I felt it was important to go for 4 pot rears. There is limited room with the layout designed for the original Granada brakes, which meant a bit of engineering, so having looked at various options, I chose Hi-Spec with integrated handbrake, Wilwood ventilated discs and designed a caliper mounting bracket that I got machined locally, and universal bells machined to suit. My thread has pictures and more details.

Dave
https://www.gt40s.com/threads/rear-brake-upgrade-for-dax40.17572/#post-187484

There are 4-piston calipers from both Wilwood and Hi-Spec which include a mechanical handbrake mechanism such as these:-

wpb33af4ba_06.png

But I have no direct expereince with either brand.

Yeah, I have looked at these and that is an option; together with Monster 4 at front.
I had Wilwood Powerlite with integrated handbrake on my super seven but not really impressed with the handbrake function. Could also be the efficient/ratio from the "handbrake grip".
If I go with an mechanical handbrake as above; I likely will pull that with an electrical linear motor.
Hi-Spec also have integrated electrical handbrake.
I will contact Hi-Spec to see if they can provide the mounting brackets to these rear calipers (cannot find that on their website)

Joacim, for a mid engined car I felt it was important to go for 4 pot rears. There is limited room with the layout designed for the original Granada brakes, which meant a bit of engineering, so having looked at various options, I chose Hi-Spec with integrated handbrake, Wilwood ventilated discs and designed a caliper mounting bracket that I got machined locally, and universal bells machined to suit. My thread has pictures and more details.

Dave
https://www.gt40s.com/threads/rear-brake-upgrade-for-dax40.17572/#post-187484

Thanks for the link @wolodymyr
I aim for 17" rims (or 18") and approx 300-335 mm discs.
E.g. in front: https://www.bigbrakes4u.co.uk/hi-sp...-335mm-monster-4-conversion-kit/prod_953.html

Hi-Spec Monster 4 are ordered all around the car (different pistons though) with all mounting brackets + 2 electronic handbrake kit (doing the mounting brackets myself). Looking forward to the delivery.
Thanks all for your ideas and thoughts

Back