Bugatti Veyron & Lamborghini Murcielago

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Well, I'm here in Midland, Texas on a business trip with a friend of mine and I persuade him to go by the Petrolium Museum and Chaparral Exhibit. We pull in and low & behold there's a big car show. YAY!! He's somewhat disinterrested because the UT game is on and he's missing it. He tells me he's going to hit the can and meet up with me in a few. FINE, I'll go be a car nerd.

I walk around and see some NICE Grand Nationals, T-Types, a GNX, old Road Runner with the big wing, some nice custom rods, I see a Factory Five GTM and I notice the beautifully sculpted lines of a Lamborghini. I start heading that way as if drawn by some sort of magnetic force. Walking faster and faster and then I see it...

There's a friggin Veyron sitting next to this Murcielago!!! They're both owned by the same guy, Carl Beal, who's an oil tycoon. I knew he had these cars from friends of mine who live in the area and are car nerds like me. He used to drive an Enzo daily, when weather permitted, and park it right out front of his office building in Midland.

So I'm crawling all over this car with my eyes, not daring to touch it because any self respecting car guy wouldn't DARE touch someone elses car! I snap out of my daze and decide that Patrick MUST see this car. So I run over to where the port-o-potty was and he's coming out. I yell to him, "DUDE!!! COME HERE!!" as I'm still running in his direction.

"What's up man?"
"There's a friggin Bugatti Veyron over there with a Lamborghini Murcielago!"
"Ok, ok, calm down man, it's not going anywhere. Haha"

We double time it over there and there she was. I grabbed the camera from him and snapped a bunch of pictures (which will be up tomorrow, this computer doesn't like the memory card from that camera). We walked around and saw some Factory Five Cobras, new Ford GT's, Shelby GT500 Mustangs, blah blah blah. Normally I'd be all over these, BUT, there's a friggin VEYRON over there!!! Kinda puts a damper on all the other cool cars when there's $1.5M worth of machinery sitting 100' away from your 1969 Shelby GT500 with 30,000 miles. Yeah, it's nice, but there's a friggin VEYRON over there!! Haha.

Anyway, had to share this with you guys, and I swear, pictures will be up soon. My fellow car guys, I love ya'll some times...

Laters,

Brian

PS
We went inside and they had the 2J on exhibit this time. I got pics of that too. Hahaha

Brian Hamilton

PICTURES AS PROMISED!!!!
Sorry for the delay...

First, Chaparral 2J

l_3db50eb1196c4f4cb06bd44897e86336.jpg

l_736a72a5c90d486895b8848d8b85e4e9.jpg

l_4199d06274c54985b9a4a04580d76c9d.jpg

Now the Murcielago & Veyron...
l_3a6694fba43b4d4eb3ee4269d978da10.jpg

l_0b1ea4f429c7468589b90959180e0f8a.jpg

l_71c576d9f75e47058f9a6464b5a1fa5b.jpg

l_9c1292e748ee4cf68539486a38a2b14a.jpg

l_bd5c1b9c22a64e1d90a4e75f87f76f06.jpg

And just to prove I was there...
l_c18647a7ee6f452a9a1701f739508270.jpg

Hope ya'll enjoy the pix!!!

Laters,

Brian

Brian Hamilton

Hey Brian, quit debating and get an SL-C!

OK. Go ahead and call Fran with your CC#. Hehehe. Tell him to set it up for a 4 rotor wankel and a Ricardo with oil cooler because this beast will have over 1000hp. Then call Pineapple racing and tell them to build that $16,000 engine we've been talking about prepped for turbo's. I think I can handle the rest. hehehe

There was a Factory Five GTP or whatever it's called there too. Right next to these cars. It was kinda half assed thrown together. Nowhere near complete. I was kinda wishing I had the SL-C then to come rumbling through the crowd.

Man I need to sell a couple of these ranches!!

Come on people, buy some Texas acreage from me!!! We have 170,756,480 acres of it!! (Yes I got bored and calculated the square acreage of Texas...)

Laters,

Brian

Ron Earp

Admin
Personally, I think the SLC looks way better than any of the cars you've got pictured. Yes, the 2J is famous from a racing perspective but it is homely as hell. Those other two you've got pictured, well, sorry but no prize with those. They've got not racing heritage to lean on as an excuse for their rather dated and/or cobbled together looks.

Good luck selling those ranches. The faster you sell them and get a car the sooner you'll quit posting pictures of homely adolescent wet dream cars! :D

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Brian knows I'm just yanking that chain! I really do wish him luck selling in TX, real estate has to be hell these days. Those cars are still homely though.....

Brian Hamilton

Ron...

You made me cry a little...

JK

If I had all the money in the world, those aren't the cars I'd be driving around. Although a Ferrari F40 sure as hell would be though. My favorite of all time.

Then I'd have some of the craziest cars you've ever seen in your life. Haha.

I guess it's a good thing I DON'T have that kinda cash laying around.

Is it Hulme who said of the butt ugly Chaparral 2J "If she wins on Sunday she'll be friggin beautiful"? A few of the earlier Chap's were some of the best looking cars ever made IMO.

The contrast between the Lambo and Veyron just reinforces my view that the Veyron is one of the fugliest cars ever built.
The Lambo is normally a pretty but somewhat bland looking car, however parked next to the Veyron it looks great!

F40 and SL-C are much better looking cars than either of the above.

All in the eye of the beholder of course.

Tim.

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron...

You made me cry a little...

Hey Brian,

Don't be hurt.

Let's see, we've got a vacuum cleaner attached to a bottle rocket nose powered by a Chebby. Come on, really....just the Chebby is enough......Heck, I race a Datsun, but let's not go to Chebby levels....:)

Ron

PS-It is a cool car to see though, in pictures, and I bet in person quite neat.

Brian Hamilton

Yeah, last time we were there they didn't have the 2J at the exhibit. I was really glad to finally get to see it in person. I guess that car is more function over form. I really would have loved to see that thing haul ass around a track though...

My wife & I were talking about the Veyron and the wife says...
"Sorry, but I think it's ugly... But cool for you."

I reply,
"Well honestly, it's not the most beautiful thing in the world, BUT, it's a $1.5M car with over 1,000 hp so that makes it cool. Matter of fact, ANYTHING with over 1,000 hp is fu**in cool, I don't care what it is!!"

She just laughed and said,
"Yeah, I guess that's true."

I love her... LOL

Back