Cabin heater water connections

Hi Guys

My heater has its water hoses connected directly to the water pump via the central tunnel, I'd prefer to have the feed and return taken off the radiator pipes in the front bay, is this an option? I realise I'll have to wait a bit longer for the heat, but it is never that cold here. On the pix, you can see the hoses out of the heater bend down and enter the tunnel.

I guess I just link the flow and return on the pump and tee off the feeds to the heater? Any advice/experience welcome.

Keith

Attachments

• IMG01080-20130514-0825.jpg
    IMG01080-20130514-0825.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG01081-20130514-0826.jpg
    IMG01081-20130514-0826.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 327
Keith,
Yes a lot of people do this. If you search there has been a lot of discussion in the past.

Some of the recommendations I have seen has been to either weld on take off pipes at 45 degress int he direction of flow, or many people do it at the bends int he fron area. If you take them off straight, you may need a booster pump, but you also may not.

I'll take a pic tonight to show what I am doing on the GTD (but my pipes are in a different place to yours)

Brett

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I'd prefer to have the feed and return taken off the radiator pipes in the front bay, is this an option?

Superformance takes one side from the front (red arrow) and runs the other via aluminum tube through the tunnel to the water pump (yellow arrow).

front heater connection.jpg

Alan, yes that's a good solution, take the feed off the pump to get the pressure, then the return goes into the rad return.

Brett, love to see pix of yours,... do you have a cable centre gearshift, love to know more about that too.

K

Back