Cadillac LMP-00-002

Hello
Very good purchase indeed ; would be avryvery rare car if you got all parts to built it again !!
I know very well the french team who was in charge of some chassis at Le mans as they where close to us on pits and from what I understood some of suspension parts have been rebuilt there in Europe to our subcontractors in Italy or I guess in England

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
As we only have a two car garage, and these LMP cars are HUGE, we are test fitting parts upstairs in Frances's office. So far everything fits!

10626648_738674572866361_6345892342333183463_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ya gotta love that woman! She is a sweetheart.
So after you get it all assembled are you going to take down a wall to get it outside? Or just carry it on its side down the hall to the front door :)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Hello
Very good purchase indeed ; would be avryvery rare car if you got all parts to built it again !!
I know very well the french team who was in charge of some chassis at Le mans as they where close to us on pits and from what I understood some of suspension parts have been rebuilt there in Europe to our subcontractors in Italy or I guess in England

Hello Michael,

Yes the French DAMS team ran two cars in 2000 (black Motorola), including 00-002 and two cars again in 2001. I have sent DAMS an email, but have not heard back.

I would love to talk to someone involved with DAMS back in 2000 & 2001.

Pat

Supporter
Simply beautiful Jim and thanks for sharing.
What are your plans for it, restore to LeMans spec, historic racing, the coolest street car on Skyline Drive??

All are good choices.

For a potential contact for parts and info, try contacting Wayne Taylor who campaigned the cars.

Wayne Taylor Racing
493-A Southpoint Circle
Brownsburg, IN 46112

Or contact Travis Houge at [email protected].

They may be of help with parts sources.

Hello
I do not promise much but will try next week to check with atel call to them if some of my mecanics ( working previously at Pescarrolo team) are now involved with Dam .
If yes I will ask if they can find out in old part stores some interesting bits of that period cars
Will let you know by middle of next week :thumbsup:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ya gotta love that woman! She is a sweetheart.
So after you get it all assembled are you going to take down a wall to get it outside? Or just carry it on its side down the hall to the front door :)

Rob,

Before any final assembly can take place, I would need to send the tub out to have the fire damage repaired and as you know I will have to add a large new garage...

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Here's your engine Jim...

Can-Am Cars | 1999-2001 Aurora V8 Indy Engine

She'll bolt straight up ;)

Hi Troy, how have you been?

I just love your Ralt, thats a seriously beautiful car!

Thanks for the tip on the motor...

I have been talking to Andrew, he has put a non-turbo IRL motor into 00-004, now he is trying to get it to run, apparently that is not so easy:(

I'll keep you informed on progress....

Did you see that 00-003 sold on Saturday at Barrett Jackson, (not running), with commission $104,000 US.

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Veek, both generation of bodies at RCR...including all the lower underbody air handling ducting, floors, rear diffuser, undertray , rear wing front splitter etc..

Email me if interested....

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jim,
Do you have a line on any bodywork?

Hi Pat, how have you and Debbie been?

I'll be thinking of you guys this weekend....hopefully next year I'll be back for the 24 hours, I had a great time last year!

That photo you posted appears to be a late 2002 Caddy LMP...

As you know ours is a 2000-2001 car, totally different design...I now have most of the body, wheels, suspension, hubs, axles...

I have also found several motors and trans, I'm saving my dimes.

Pat

Supporter
Hi Pat, how have you and Debbie been?

I'll be thinking of you guys this weekend....hopefully next year I'll be back for the 24 hours, I had a great time last year!

That photo you posted appears to be a late 2002 Caddy LMP...

As you know ours is a 2000-2001 car, totally different design...I now have most of the body, wheels, suspension, hubs, axles...

I have also found several motors and trans, I'm saving my dimes.

I glad your project is progressing and as I'm sure with others, we'd always welcome pictures of your finds. It is just too cool what you are doing.
The LMP photo I had was from a show at Celebration (near Disney) where Wayne Taylor was showing the car. It is a piece of rolling art as I'm sure yours will be.

Deb and I will definitely attend Daytona this weekend and we're hoping to connect with Jimmy Patton as well. It will be fun if you make the trek next year but you also need to consider the Classic 24 at Daytona which was great fun. We'd love to host you and Fran.

Again, we're always excited about any news you have on your LMP project.

Best,
Pat

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I have just returned from a a trip out to see Fran, he took a couple of hours and gave me the grand tour, great stuff, right down to the original GT90! We have worked out a deal and 00-002 has now been reunited with a body! It fits this tub like a glove, all the thread certs line right up. Its like building a Tamiya 1/12, only in 1/1 scale, what fun!

11091138_829243853809432_6838978354836993209_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
One more photo, the body and paint are in great condition, thanks again Fran for your wonderful hospitality and helping to save this beautiful race car! Fran, the second check is in the mail:)

11054498_829244060476078_7229828011806584739_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back