Cadillac LMP-00-002

I do however have complete car sets of original 2000 and the 2001 body panels with all the aero parts and ducting too.

Also original wheels..

Wait..... what?

You just happen to have those laying around your shop? :stunned:

:thumbsup:

Its really impressive how all the body panels fit together perfectly, the arch of each panel exactly matching the plane of the next. Shows how much CAD design and modern manufacturing has added to the the consistency of parts and duplication of parts. Some of the body panels are from different cars, yet they still slip together perfect. As do the suspension arms, slip in the mounting brackets with zero effort.

I have never had my hands on a truly modern racing car before, maybe they are all like this in the fit and finish. Still, its kind of fun sliding carbon parts on and off just....just because its so easy <chuckle>

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Wait..... what?

You just happen to have those laying around your shop? :stunned:

:thumbsup:

Oh yes John, Fran has almost everything in his shop and what he does not have he can make!

It's incredible...not only did I find this wonderful project here on GT40's.com, but I found this beautiful complete body here as well!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
She now has her Le Mans warpaint.

11129146_835134836553667_6566820542122169571_n.jpg

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Doug, how have you been?

I see you are keeping up the good fight...I'm really going to enjoy this next election cycle...Let me know when they have a fair Moderator, I would love to join the discussions.

Yes Tod these LMP cars are HUGE, but when made in carbon fiber and taken apart, they do not weigh very much. The entire tail section though large, only weighs around 40lbs...

We have a large upstairs room that Frances uses as her office, the tub is around 250lbs and very compact. I got three friends and we carried it up the stairs...There is still alot of room and although she pretends to complain, she loves having a real Le Mans veteran to show her nerd clients...

Last edited:
The attached is from my trip to Le Mans in 2001. I thought it should go with your LMP002 project.

Attachments

• DSCN1816aa.jpg
    DSCN1816aa.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 341

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
The attached is from my trip to Le Mans in 2001. I thought it should go with your LMP002 project.

Hi Bud, what a wonderful photo, you can almost feel the excitement! Thanks. Let me know if you are ever up on Skyline and want to check out the project. So Bud, you were there, I hear these cars had a strange 3-1 exhaust arrangement, with only three pipes on each side going to the turbos. I'm told they sounded "funny", do you recall a strange sound?

Last edited:
I did not notice much of a difference between the sound of the Cad and the other prototype cars. Chrysler and Bentley were both there that year and Saleen had a bronze colored 7 there for display. The only strange sounding cars that I recall were the Jud powered cars and the deep thumper sound of the Corvettes.

Back