Calif. Registration Tales

For us California guys, can anyone with recent experience getting a new '40 replica licensed in this state for the first time chime in with your experiences? I know this has shown up a few times here and there as a topic, but recent experience would be appreciated. I understand the car can and should be registered as a 60's vehicle, based on overall type, and is thus smog exempt, but I also understand this exemption treatment is limited to a few hundred cars annually. Has anyone run into a problem if is the one fater the limit has been reached? What to do then?

I asume you start the process when the car is done (i.e., with a running motor, etc.) Are any of the the manufacturers with local reps(e.g RF, CAV) of any help in getting thru the process? If not, who do you turn to if you're a dufus like moi?

Thanks in advance, you lucky bastards.

I wish this forum had spell check. Sorry for the typos: I meant to say :"... if his is the one after the limit has been reached."

And yes, I know the word "assume" has 2 "s"s!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDP:
For us California guys, can anyone with recent experience getting a new '40 replica licensed in this state for the first time chime in with your experiences? I know this has shown up a few times here and there as a topic, but recent experience would be appreciated. I understand the car can and should be registered as a 60's vehicle, based on overall type, and is thus smog exempt, but I also understand this exemption treatment is limited to a few hundred cars annually. Has anyone run into a problem if is the one fater the limit has been reached? What to do then?

I asume you start the process when the car is done (i.e., with a running motor, etc.) Are any of the the manufacturers with local reps(e.g RF, CAV) of any help in getting thru the process? If not, who do you turn to if you're a dufus like moi?

Thanks in advance, you lucky bastards.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've processed a whole bunch of cars through the process. If you need help, feel free to ask me.

Also, check out my website (www.CobraTrader.com) and look specifically at the California registration page. It will walk you through the whole process:
http://www.cobratrader.com/registrationCA.html

Hope that helps!

Your pal,
Meat.

Back