CANAMSA - SA stratch build

The garage looks so empty with the chassis gone. I disassembled the build table the chassis has stood on for so long and used some of the material to make a pair of chassis trestles
workshop feb 24 .jpg ups.jpg version 2.jpg
tressels.jpg version 3.jpg

Very exciting weekend for me! Got the chassis and subframes back from paint and I am very happy with it. The colour is Basalt grey RAL 7012. Before painting the main chassis and rear section weighed about 119 kg (260 pounds), the zinc rich primer and polyurethane top coat added about 2 kg (4.5 pound).

I bolted the engine engine adapter / mount plate to the rear chassis section and mated that to the main chassis section to check it still fitted. Had to relieve some paint thickness in the mating faces. Started to remove the threaded plugs and checked that a bolt turned nicely by hand into all the bushes. Currently busy with that as I am having to retap most of them.
rear chassis march 24.jpg

Last edited:
A view of the engine bay showing various brackets for such as handbrake cables, fuel tank and lines, brake lines etc . The small structure in the centre of the cockpit that supports the gearshift is slight offset from centre to give the driver more elbow room.
chassi rear match 24.jpg

Last edited:
Back