Carlisle - anyone going

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Time Machines Motorsports will be there with a least two Superformance GT40s. We will just outside building "T" sharing space with Roush.

I know a couple other SPF guys will attend, possibly with their GT40s..........

Last edited:
This venue could very easily be a two day event, there isn't enough to justify anymore. Bad weather has always been a big factor - cross your fingers!

Chris

Missed it last year but will be there this year on Sat.Hope to meet some of you guys and look at your cars.
B.

Does the Import/Kit show at Carlisle have a better GT40 turnout than the Ford show in June? Of course it would be great to see some originals, but what do you guys think is the better show to see several cars?

Ron Earp

Admin
This venue could very easily be a two day event, there isn't enough to justify anymore. Bad weather has always been a big factor - cross your fingers!

Chris

Is it worth going to? I've heard mixed reviews from a lot of folks and there doesn't seem to be a consensus. I'd like to go, but I can probably only make one trip and I'm attracted to the Ford show. I haven't been to either one so don't have any solid information to base a decision on.

R

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Is it worth going to? I've heard mixed reviews from a lot of folks and there doesn't seem to be a consensus. I'd like to go, but I can probably only make one trip and I'm attracted to the Ford show. I haven't been to either one so don't have any solid information to base a decision on.

R

Ron,

If you want lots of 5.0 stuff, perhaps some parts for the Lightning or classis Mustang parts, do Carlisle Ford....if you want to see GT40s (RCR, Toro, SPF and whatever) as well as lots of "Cobras" and ricers, do Import/Kit Carlisle. Also at Kit there is a an autocross event as well as "Miss Kit/Import" bikini contest......not that I would look at such an event....................

I have done both over the years as a vendor and all I remember in general is being very tired when it is over.

[QUOTE I have done both over the years as a vendor and all I remember in general is being very tired when it is over./QUOTE]

....and wanting to pack up ASAP!!

Yeah, I'm tired when its over but...... Carlisle sells cars.

East of the Mississippi you won't find a better market of individuals who are genuinely interested in buying.

Well,
I went to Carlisle and enjoyed it. Lots of nice cars and friendly people.Got to meet Scott from Tornado and look at his car and ask a ton of questions.Everyone from the manufactuers were very nice and helpful.I had a great time and the weather held off making everyone very happy.I got the chance to look a several RCR,Superformance,ERA and Tornado cars and see nice and different ways of doing things on these cars.I just want to say the 8 hr drive was well worth it for me.
W.

Two photos for you Chris.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 232
After a 10 hour ride,I arrived home after a good weekend at the Carlisle show.The weather was nice with just a little rain late Sat. afternoon. Both days had good attendence with many interested folks.I was glad to be able to help Scott Calabro at the Tornado booth.
Along with Scott's Tornado and my rolling chassie there were 40's on display from ERA,Superformance and RCR. There were snakes all over the place,showing that the Cobra is still the king of replicas.
Bill

Attachments

• 2010 Carlisle 009.jpg
    2010 Carlisle 009.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 2010 Carlisle 012.jpg
    2010 Carlisle 012.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 2010 Carlisle 010.jpg
    2010 Carlisle 010.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 253
  • 2010 Carlisle 004.jpg