Carol Shelby Tribute Toronto Auto Show

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I've a hard time celebrating someone who has done so much to thwart efforts of replica manufacturers and to attempt to besmirch the reputations of them as well as those of us who choose to build a replica.

Sorry if this offends...

No offense Randy, TRUTH!

I do give the man credit as a grand self-promoter, creator of the Cobra, racing carreer, etc., but no real respect for what has become a personal quest.

No offense Randy, TRUTH!

I do give the man credit as a grand self-promoter, creator of the Cobra, racing carreer, etc., but no real respect for what has become a personal quest.

I agree, the Cobra is an accomplishment, as a person, he's a piece of garbage! And that's the nicest thing I could think of!

Gents.as the owner of a FFR Daytona coupe ,as you may or may not know he's sueing FFR for the shape of the coupe,we just wish he would go away.
Bill

Al,
He won't be around much longer. It's the legacey of lawyers he will leave behind. As far as I am concerned the car is still an AC Bristol, He just put a hopped up Ford motor in it. Maybe you should do up a Chevy powered 427 , Chevy drivelined version and call it "The Rat" or AC Rat. Dick all he could do about it.
Dave

Shelby has got his rep from putting his name on other peoples cars.
He took the AC Ace, put a big engine in it and called it a Shelby Cobra, he's tried to claim rights the the Ford GT40 when really he had very little to do with it... other than, you guessed it, putting in a bigger V8.

He's not someone that should be reveared in my opinion.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Met him twice and he was a miserable bugger both times.....probably due to me not offering him any money....
Isn't it nearly 50 years since he won Le Mans.....thats a long time to be milking the same ole' Cow

When I was at Lime Rock with my Kirkham he was selling his glove compartment autograph for $50. There wasn't anything on my car that said shelby on it, and I don't do autographs much less pay for one!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
It is sad that CS has turned out to be such a bitter and cynical old man.
Bad advice from his people? Lawyers love litigation it makes them rich.
Sad that his legacy has been so tarnished by his litigious nature.

Back