Casting pedal box

Hello,

After pricing out and not wanting to break my budget to hard. I was wondering if anyone had dimensions on an original pedal box. I am wanting to make an aluminum cast of one but haven't been able to resource information on actual sizing, etc.

I have a foundry, mill, and lathe at home so putting in this kind of work isnt outside my wheelhouse.

Thanks!

Doug

It is not 100% accurate and missing a few more details.
The stiffener for the left front mount needs some adjusting.
Fits the original mount brackets in the mono.

Attachments

• pbox1.JPG
    pbox1.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 107
  • pbox2.JPG
    pbox2.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 107
  • pbox3.JPG
    pbox3.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 100

Markus

Supporter
Does anyone have any pictures of the casting box? Moulding the pedal box in the green sand seems to be quite tricky, due to the undercuts. Appears to me that the casting box requires to be made out of several sections. Thanks

Does anyone have any pictures of the casting box? Moulding the pedal box in the green sand seems to be quite tricky, due to the undercuts. Appears to me that the casting box requires to be made out of several sections. Thanks

Investment casting is the way to do it.

James, I look at that, and still can't understand how it goes together, or how you even work out how to make the patterns the way you do!
I can sit there for ages looking at it.

Do you put the sand into the large one on the bottom left, and then when you remove the sand from the box, it has the cavities left over for the other 3 smaller boxes to be placed inside it?
My brains says that you then fill the other three smaller ones with sand, wait for that to harden/set up, remove the sand forms and gently put them in the spaces left in the bottom left one.
The bottom right one, is just a lid?

I'm not sure where you would cut the runners and air gates though.

Ryan

Back