CAV Production Milestone

CAV GT Production Milestone

In the 60’s Ford officially produced one hundred and thirty-three GT40 chassis.

This production total actually makes for interesting reading as there is some uncertainty surrounding the official numbers, with some chassis apparently having two numbers and other cars not accounted for. The list published in Ronnie Spain’s book, GT40: An Individual History and Race Record, is widely regarded as being the most accurate. For the purpose of comparison, we will stick with 133 as the total number of original chassis having been produced.

Auto Futura recently matched this original production figure when chassis #133 rolled off the production line, making our company the most prolific manufacturer of the GT40 recreations - world wide.
Production and sales continue to go from strength to strength. With the recent formation of another distributor network, known as CAV Europe; the launch of the CAV GTR (race car) and the announcement that a CAV GT will once again be the pace car for the Motor Racing Legends Series at Le Mans 2007, demand for the CAV GT is strong.

To commemorate this production milestone, Auto Futura is offering a never to be repeated 10% discount on the next five cars ordered.

This offer is valid on turn-key, rolling chassis or component programs. In order to take advantage of this special offer, please contact Auto Futura on [email protected] or +27 21 702 3085

Don’t lose out on this opportunity to own a piece of motor racing nostalgia!

Please see picture below of CAV GTR and CAV GT Road car.

Attachments

• GTR 3.jpg
    GTR 3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Yellow+Driver.jpg
    Yellow+Driver.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 819
Morning Randy
#133 is the CAV GTR in red at the top of the page, and the car to be Pace car at the 2007 MRL series, Le Mans.
The discount applies to next 5 cars ordered as of date of posting. We are currently busy with #141.
Best regards
Jean

Ian Clark

Supporter
Congratulations John, Jean,

A tremendous accomplishment in producing more rolling chassis than all others to date!

If I can do a little more flag waiving, the upgrades and other improvements brought forward since Autofutura took over production was no doubt also a huge task and well worth the effort.

Look forward to more CAV GTs coming to Canada in the near future, we may only get a few a hours of sunlight a year, but we love our Supercars!

Cheers

Joking on the weather of course, it's beautifull here:)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations on your milestone!

Do you sell just parts?

I'm interested in the air-dam/Splitter on the red car... Maybe other components..

Thank you

Hi Guys
We sell complete cars to customer spec, we sell rollers, we sell cars in component form as well as parts or upgrades only.
May I ask you to please contact me on [email protected] for further information or quotes.
Thank you
Jean

Hey! I had to see if the discount applied to 134 ,that is ,I think its my car, Black MK1 no stripes. Roy said it should be on the boat soon. I am very excited.
Congratulation on your mile stone, Keep up the good work.
Now what up grades does the race car have over the car I am about to receive?
Randy

Congratulations to all at CAV!
The quality of the car speaks for its self, And I wish you all at CAV continued success in the years to come!!

Hi Randy
The CAV GTR is a bit of a beast. She is aprox 100kg lighter, zero interior with bucket seats, roll cage and harnesses. The front suspension is fully rose jointed and she has a set of slicks to help with grip. The air-dam forces the nose down at speed, and needless to say, her belly is very low. To stop we have added the 6 pot calipers. She is fantastic round the track and well worth the effort!
Will send some pics later.
Jean

..some pics of GTR as promised

Attachments

• Front spoiler 1.JPG
    Front spoiler 1.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 644
  • Track.jpg
    Track.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 621
Jean
Your cars look...INCREDIBLE!!! That GTR version is wicked as hell. I love the front spoiler. It really makes the car stand out!

Congrats to you guys!!!

Bill D

Jean, Thanks for the pics of 134, really looking forward to getting it. Tell the guys to do a good job as I to build cars, check my work at www.Blastolene.com I am just finishing up the B702 in "work in progress"
Randy

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy - I just spent the better part of an hour on the Blastolene website and I am in total awe....:bow: rockonsmile :bow:

I noticed that there appears to be an extension of the mono frame behind the front tire on the red car that I do not believe my car has. Is this to keep debris out of the door jam area? I have thought of placing some stiff rubber sheeting in this area as it allows all sorts of debris to accumulate in the jam area as well as water from tire splash since ther is a good gap between the front clip and the mono.

Back