CAV wiper motor wiring

can anyone help me regarding wiring up the wiper motor. I am not using the wiring loom from the factory but I am using the factory wiper motor. I am using Painless wiring. we need to figure out how to wire the motor so it self parks and operates correctly. I am using Lucas switches on the dash.

Carman

Hope this helps. From my CAV #80. -Steve

Attachments

• CAV5.jpg
    CAV5.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 224
hi steve, thanks for that. it does help and make sense but my wiper motor wire harness has different colours from the chart. not a big deal but im getting different info from a few guys. one said, red is 12v+, black is ground, green is ground when parked, and yellow does nothing. these colours they describe do match my harness. hmmmm

Bill Kearley

Supporter
I haven't got mine done yet but I do have the make and box and part number my motor came in. I plan to look on line for the schematic in order to hook mine up. Would you like the info, it's out in the shop.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Carman I Thought I sent this the other day, not sure what happened. Look at DOGA it's on line. I saw my motor on images. I haven't installed it yet. I have to make mounts and at this time I don't even know the degree of sweep

Attachments

• GOPR0557.JPG
    GOPR0557.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 214
  • GOPR0558.JPG
    GOPR0558.JPG
    268.1 KB · Views: 195
  • GOPR0559.JPG
    GOPR0559.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Back