cima trans axle

Cima spa
Crown wheels pinions precision gears for all applications motorcycle automotive gearboxes conical gears klingelnberg hpg-s thermal treatments.

8, v. F.lli Cairoli 40050 Villanova di Castenaso (BO) - ITALY - Tel: +39 0516 053 088 - Fax: +39 0516 053 292

Don't know what it means, but that is what I found. At least there is something to start a search on.

Last edited:

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Wanni,

Now wait a minute, just a couple of minutes before you made this post, you said you were the designer of the cima box. Now you're asking if they produce a transaxle????

That is not how we do things here. If you want to talk about "your" product, then do so in a straight forward honest manner. None of us here appreciates, pranks or tricks or backdoor complements, especially to one's self.

It is great, and expected, that you think your stuff is the best thing since sliced bread, and it may very well be. Just tell us WHY you think your product is good.

Lynn

Brian Magee

Supporter
Mr Wanni Albertini is the designer of the Cima transaxle. He was present at the Sportscar Show at the NEC, Birmingham, UK in 2002 with a sample of this gearbox. I wrote a short piece in Fortyfication (GT40 Enthusiasts Club magazine). The gearbox is designed as a straight replacement for the ZF although I believe it is slightly longer (718.5mm) as it has 6 speeds but front face to output shaft and height of input shaft above output shafts are as ZF. Maximum output was listed as 5000Nm. Three CWP ratios are available at 3.182, 3.364 & 3.545.

Brian.

1st answer -It was a simple check in order to see if it is well known or it is still in the dark.
I was wondering why nobody talks about.

2nd -I never said that it is a good product, if you want to go through my messages. And never tried to advertise it.
Regards to all the GT 40 fans.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Welcome, to Wanni Albertini! Check out his profile and I think you'll agree he has a prestigous automotive background.

Wanni, please do feel free to tell us all about your transaxle!!! I, for one, am looking forward to hearing more about it! Since it is being used in the Pagani and Koenigsegg, you certainly have my attention.

Lynn

Hi to all the GT40 fans,
it borned in 1999 in order to be the natural replacement of the ZF on the Pagani Zonda. At this time any gearbox was capable to handle the monstreous torque of the V12 AMG 7,1 L. ( Pagani plants are at 25 kms from CIMA plants ). Immediatly Koenigsegg came to us in order to solve the same problem.
From this stage T756H ( transaxle 750 Nm 6 speeds H pattern ) has been constantly up graded in order to follow the tyres evolution and the engines evolution as well, becoming T906H and then S ( sequential, but synchronised as the Apollo Gumpert isusing it actually ).
The design toke care of dry and wet sumps by having the possibility to turn the transmission up side down. Let say with the differential axle above or below the engine axle, just by changing the crown wheel position and some external accessories.
Actually 6 final drives are avalaible and 2 different 6th gear ratios as well, in order to meet any customer requirements in terms of engine revolutions and tyre size.
The Venturi GT3 is using the light and sportly version of it, called TSR, beeing lighter of 14 Kgs and using spur gears with dog clutches.
The shifting automation is on his way in 4 different levels.
Basic level is more a servo actuator for shifting the sequential unit and keeping the clutch actuated from the driver.
The second level has the function of shifting on demand without the drive away function. The drive away is controlled by a third paddle on the steering whell.
The third level is semi automatic with wet and sport functions.
The fourth level is fully automated.
Everything is electromechanic, simple and light.
The synchronisation is made by a tripple cone Hoerbiger system for first and second, double cone for 3rd,4th,5th and 6th and single cone for the reverse.
The differential is a safe "torque sensitive type" capable now of 9.000 Nm of output torque.
By beeing an hypostatic shaft lay out, this enables the gearbox to transfer 900 Nm to the ground with a very compact 85 mm of center distance.
What else to say about it????
Just ask and I will reply.
Regards to all the friends.
Wanni

Mike Pass

Supporter
Thanks Wanni. It looks a very interesting product. However the big questions. What does it cost? Does it fit small block Ford? How does one get hold of one?

It fits any kind of engine. It is not a gift. But by beeing united, the force is huge.
The point is to define one packaging to be the same for everybody.
If 20 or 30 people are collecting the same packaging,it becomes affordable.
Step 1) Marketing investigation
Step 2) Prototype parts production and testing on one vehicle
Step 3) Production and installation
Step 4) Everybody happy drinking Champagne

Someone of you shall start the process taking care to make everybody happy.

I can not do it on my expences.
If the operation is well made, collecting 50 or 60 potential buyers, there is the possibility to have:
1) Gearbox
2) Bell housing
3) Flywheel
4) Clutch
5) Concentric clutch actuator
For an honourable but affordable 12.000 €
Think about
Ciao
Wanni

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Using the handy dandy Race-Cars.com currency converter:

Live mid-market rates as of 2007.02.22 23:45:18 UTC.
12,000.00 EUR = 15,749.77 USD

Is this right? 12.000 € = 12,000 EUR?

Back