Classic Car Developments Chassis #3

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Not sure if image station is still hosting stuff, but let's give it a whirl. Assuming a picture appears, this is my CCD monocoque chassis as at last Sunday. The fibreglass roof section is just a buck to give some idea of proportion. the steel roof section is being pressed sometime this or next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4201128195&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid91%2Fp9bd5ca3f43f673f482f3cd31909f2f6c%2Ffa682103.jpg&caption=Chassis[/image]

Bugger!! Looks like it's not working, (and it's only 145K), but those of you who are keen can maybe copy and paste the URL and see the picture while I try to sort out a working host...

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Re: Classic car Developments Chassis #3 *DELETED*

Post deleted by Brian_Stewart

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Thanks Brett. I will reduce the pix some more and try again tonight.

Cheers, Brian.

Brian Stewart
Supporter

Brian Stewart
Supporter

Brian Stewart
Supporter

i'll try posting the front direct to the board , hey worked on mine, just use the boards own server to host them brian, regards , dan

Attachments

• 26227-fa682103.jpg
    26227-fa682103.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 3,410
I joined the silly (image station) place just to get the other pic you posted , so you owe me brian,, haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif oh by the way,, looks great ,I'm a aircraft mechanic by trade and have shot thousands of rivets , If I ever need work in New Zealand I'll look you up ! brian ,, you have mail,,

Attachments

• 26230-fa66db70.jpg
    26230-fa66db70.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3,029

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Thanks Dan, I'll keep that in mind. Now if you can tell me how you did that (accessed the board server) I'll owe you more than one.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Many thanks to Dan for the tutorial. Now to see if I can put it into practice....

Woohoo! Thanks dan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 26234-Frontsubframe.jpg
    26234-Frontsubframe.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,824

Brian Stewart
Supporter
And trying a little larger. This is inside the right pontoon.

Attachments

• 26235-Rightpontoon.jpg
    26235-Rightpontoon.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,241

Brian Stewart
Supporter
The whole thing is being hand made by Dave Brown at Classic car Developments. Dave has spent a lot of time doing painstaking research and obtaining chassis drawings, many of them original Ford ones.

Here's the seating.

Attachments

• 26241-Seating.jpg
    26241-Seating.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,376

Brian Stewart
Supporter
and the right hand side.

Attachments

• 26242-Right side.jpg
    26242-Right side.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,237

Brian Stewart
Supporter
and detail of the front.

Attachments

• 26243-Front.jpg
    26243-Front.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,162

Brian Stewart
Supporter
A bigger shot of the rear...

Attachments

• 26244-rear.jpg
    26244-rear.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 2,711
Brian,
Very impressive craftsmanship. Looks like the real thing. Are you building the suspension pieces as well?

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Yes Pat, just placed the order for the suspension components last Sunday. The chassis should be a dimensionally exact replica of an original tub by the time it's complete. Only major change is the zinc coating which should help keep corrosion at bay. The suspension is also going to replicate the original, including the uprights. I should emphasise that I'm only a spectator, albeit a very interested one. Dave Brown is the craftsman behind all this.

Back