Classic Le Mans 2020.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Bob McLean Passed away in P1000 at Seebring in 1966. Befor his trip to Seebring his shop was at 18th ave and Willow st. Vancouver BC. in the early and mid sixtys. The team was called Bob Mclean Racing Team, sponsored by Fogg Motors located in New Westminster B.C. Ca. Bob, Jammy Moore and third member, Dave Ogilvey spent a lot of time at the 1.8 mile track called Westwood Motor Sports Park in Coqulitam B.C. They ran a 65 Mustang, a Lotus 23B, MGB and a Cooper formula jr. All the cars were dark blue in color / with a white stripe over the hood and numbered 101. I spent all the time I could at that back ally shop wanting to be a part of the action that went as far as keeping time at Westwood.

OttoRT

Supporter
I found this picture of both the Comstock cars steaking past the pits at Sebring.

Attachments

• Comstock racing  chassis 1000-2.jpg
    Comstock racing chassis 1000-2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 330

OttoRT

Supporter
Just heard from Classic Lemans. The race is postponed till 2021. Entries are valid for next year.

GT40 the mythical Ford used in Le Mans 66 created by Caroll Shelby and piloted by Ken Miles ... for those who have not dared to enjoy this excellent film I recommend it 100% ... it is available on various platforms to see on-line

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
GT40 the mythical Ford used in Le Mans 66 created by Caroll Shelby and piloted by Ken Miles ... for those who have not dared to enjoy this excellent film I recommend it 100% ... it is available on various platforms to see on-line

Welcome to GT40s.com Jesus!

OttoRT

Supporter
It looks like the Classic Le Mans will run in 2022. Still invited with my GT40. In the meanwhile, I will post a couple of pictures from Goodwood Revival 2021 where the car was invited to participate. It will race there again next weekend at the member's meeting, so hopefully, I will be able to post some nice photos of it soon.
Here a couple of shoots from last year.
GT40P1000 at Goodwood chicane  Revival 2021.jpg
GT40P1000 at Goodwood  Revival 2021.jpg

I‘m glad to see that continuations are both invited to Goodwood and elligible for Le Mans Classic.

Will you run your GT40 on Dunlop‘s at LMC as well ?

OttoRT

Supporter
Interesting story about the car.
Seller:
GT40 P/1000 resurfaced when it was re- created
by the renowned GT40 authority Bryan Wingfield on behalf of Richard Eyre over a considerable period of time stretching from 1982 to 1984 around a new old stock monocoque .
Does anybody have an idea of what number the "new old stock monocoque "had?

Interesting story about the car.
Seller:
GT40 P/1000 resurfaced when it was re- created
by the renowned GT40 authority Bryan Wingfield on behalf of Richard Eyre over a considerable period of time stretching from 1982 to 1984 around a new old stock monocoque .
Does anybody have an idea of what number the "new old stock monocoque "had?

John S Allen's book 'Ford GT40' (1991) states that '1000W' was built on a new Tennant Panels chassis not a 1960's Abbey Panels original. I believe this is correct.

The famous three unused chassis numbers 1087, 1088 & 1089 built up by Bryan in later years are often described in articles as 'spare chassis's the Willment family had in storage'. This I believe is also artistic license or a continuing error, they also had Tennant chassis to the best of my knowledge.

OttoRT

Supporter
John S Allen's book 'Ford GT40' (1991) states that '1000W' was built on a new Tennant Panels chassis not a 1960's Abbey Panels original. I believe this is correct.

The famous three unused chassis numbers 1087, 1088 & 1089 built up by Bryan in later years are often described in articles as 'spare chassis's the Willment family had in storage'. This I believe is also artistic license or a continuing error, they also had Tennant chassis to the best of my knowledge.
Hi Stephen.Thanks for the insight.
Someone who should know ,told me that the current chassis in this car ,was sold to the restores by Gelsoe to replace the Tennant chassis?

Back