Climate change

Good points. If the Democratic congress won't do anything now, we just have to wait until after November 2010 before we can start the process !!

The atmospheric climate doesn't seem to be the only thing changing lately - first the Haitian disaster and now more devastaing earthquakes, the next being a 7.0 off the Japanese coast and a killer 8.8 just a short time ago in Chile,right on the coast. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center has reportedly measured a tsunami at or in excess of 9ft heading away. That could reach the Oceania area in 15 hours or so. Get off the beaches, guys. Wonder if it's climate shift related or Al Gore has connections we don't know about. Sarcasm aside, this will likely be a disaster the whole world feels in the coming days. We can only pray for those affected at this time.

It has been learned that the shifting of the plates that caused the earthquakes in Haiti and Chili are going be named "Bush's Fault" by the Obama administration.

Ahhh.. good ol'e Bill O'Reilly. Yup, I'm sure that weather man is a real climate guru. And looking at a rinky-dink 10 year trend too! What Genius! :huh:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The atmospheric climate doesn't seem to be the only thing changing lately - first the Haitian disaster and now more devastaing earthquakes, the next being a 7.0 off the Japanese coast and a killer 8.8 just a short time ago in Chile,right on the coast. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center has reportedly measured a tsunami at or in excess of 9ft heading away. That could reach the Oceania area in 15 hours or so. Get off the beaches, guys. Wonder if it's climate shift related or Al Gore has connections we don't know about. Sarcasm aside, this will likely be a disaster the whole world feels in the coming days. We can only pray for those affected at this time.

+1 AJ a terrible disaster and loss of life.

Ahhh.. good ol'e Bill O'Reilly. Yup, I'm sure that weather man is a real climate guru. And looking at a rinky-dink 10 year trend too! What Genius! :huh:

Ahh, He's not on ABC or CBS so you haven't heard of him. He is Joe Bastardi, whose title at the Accuweather meteorological service is "expert senior forecaster". And you probably like Gore's hockey stick graph, straight from the fixers at Anglia!

Ahh, He's not on ABC or CBS so you haven't heard of him. He is Joe Bastardi, whose title at the Accuweather meteorological service is "expert senior forecaster". And you probably like Gore's hockey stick graph, straight from the fixers at Anglia!

Ummm, haven't seen Gore's graph nor his movie. I also don't watch TV - too much crap - especially Fox. Bastardi seems to only look at 10 year intervals to establish his argument (he does it again in another argument on the Accuweather site, not to mention other Fox connections there - hmmmmm.)

Thanks for the personal attack. It really cleared things up in this discussion.

Ummm, haven't seen Gore's graph nor his movie. I also don't watch TV - too much crap - especially Fox. Bastardi seems to only look at 10 year intervals to establish his argument (he does it again in another argument on the Accuweather site, not to mention other Fox connections there - hmmmmm.)

He looked at the 10 year period because that was the time table forecast from the IPCC.

Nothing personal, just equally negative!

He looked at the 10 year period because that was the time table forecast from the IPCC.

No. Jesus people, this shit is going to go on forever. This whole climate thing started with the argument that research is showing that the temperature trends over the next century are alarmingly higher than they were expected to be. The problem is, as we all know, and the anti-climate changing people seem to think are the only ones who know it (how naive), things work in cycles, especially mother nature. All because these last 10 years showed a decline in temperature doesn't magically throw out the entire 100 year trend. It's also very curious to me that Bastardi starts out his discussion by saying that the pacific being cooler in the past 2 years was the reason why California was dry, but then morphs it into the average global temperatures being cooler being the reason. I'm not defending the statement about blaming "global warming" for California fires - that needs serious backing. Stop picking out the little things that support what you WANT to hear. Telling the truth and listening to facts only works when you tell ALL the truth and listen to ALL the facts.

Bastardi using a 10 year period just as you say the IPCC had doesn't do any more good for Bastardi and O-Reilly than it apparently did for the IPCC, so what's your point?

I believe the IPCC report didn't only go back 10 years. Not to mention the fact that the IPCC wasn't the end-all be-all of climate knowledge anyway.

Back to Bastardi - the guy is a meteorologist, not a climatologist. Big difference. Maybe he has experience and knowledge enough in climatology, but he doesn't mention it in his personal description on the Accuweather page - he calls himself a forecaster.

Touche on the negativity, but just so you know, mine was directed at O'Reilly who has purposefully constructed his entire persona around facts and truth, yet quite simply operates on only half that.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The IPCC has lost all credibility with all but the climate zealots and should be disbanded. Climategate and East Anglia show that the so called "research" was cooked up to reflect what the so called scientists wanted it to show so they could continue to get their research grants.

Just to jog your memory.

1. “Global Warming” is Man-Made after all.

There is a colossal scandal erupting in the blogosphere, and in the better media. Someone, probably an insider offended by what he saw was going on, leaked a large volume of emails from within the global warming priesthood centred within the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, UK.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.gt40s.com/forum/ /><o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/I][/U]
<font face=" /><o:p></o:p>
<FONT face=Arial><o:p></o:p>
<FONT face=Arial>These show a pattern of manipulation, suppression and selection of data and evidence all designed to create and maintain the global warming myth.<o:p></o:p>
<FONT face=Arial>So now we know – Global Warming is man-made after all – it is created by a small group of dedicated believers posing as scientists using manufactured data, selected statistics, dodgy computer models and “mates reviewed” papers. <o:p></o:p>
<FONT face=Arial>No one has fully assessed what it all means yet, but for a flavour of what will be revealed see:<o:p></o:p>
[URL="http://www.gt40s.com/forum/<FONT"]<FONT face=Arial>http://bishophill.squarespace.com/blog/2009/11/20/climate-cuttings-33.html<FONT face=Arial><o:p></o:p>
<FONT color=#000000><FONT face=Arial>And also:<o:p></o:p>
<FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff>http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/17102
<FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><o:p></o:p>
<FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><o:p>The links are not working so you will need to cut and paste onto your browser</o:p><!-- google_ad_section_end -->[/URL]
</B></I></U>

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
STOP RIGHT THERE. It's the fault of whaling.:dead:

What’s New? Harpooning whales speeds up global warming

by John D. Nier on <ABBR class=published title=2010-03-01>March 1, 2010</ABBR> 5 comments

whaling_harpoon.jpg
Just when you think the believers of AGW can’t possibly come up with anything sillier they prove you wrong. Now whaling speeds up climate change! Yes you heard right…it’s the whales!! When they yell “thar she blows” nowadays, it doesn’t refer to the blowhole on the whale it refers to the B.S epidemic surrounding AGW. What’s that noise I hear in the background? Oh, just Captain Ahab laughing away.
UPI.com has the scoop:
A century of commercial whaling has released around 100 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere — that’s equivalent to burning more than 50,000 square miles of temperate forest or 128,000 large sport-utility vehicles driving for 100 years.
Were I this guy I’d have gone into hiding, but no, he actually goes public with it…
Those are the findings of a study by U.S. scientists from the Gulf of Maine ResearchInstitute unveiled by Andrew Pershing from the University of Maine at the Ocean Sciences meeting this week in Portland, Ore.
I’m not a fan of whaling but jeeze….they don’t all die of natural causes sooner or later? I mean it’s not like there have been more whales created just for whalers to kill….there’s still the same amount of whales in our oceans regardess…in fact, I’d put forth that whaling may have reduced carbon as killing whales before the end of their life span probably reduced their reproduction levels. But he he aruges this….
When a whale dies of natural causes, its body sinks to the seabed, transporting the carbon stored in it to the deep sea, away from the atmosphere for hundreds of years. Harpooning one, however, can release the carbon directly into the atmosphere, thus intensifying climate change.
What about beached whales? They don’t sink! Also, let me see, we’re talking millions of years, hundreds of thousands of years, thousands of years….so what is the big difference if the carbon goes directly into the atmosphere now or a few hundred years later? Not a long period of time considering how old the earth is.
So, now he wants to charge carbon credits for whaling even though…
The International Whaling Commission in 1986 introduced a moratorium on commercial whaling so that stocks might recover but whaling remains controversial.
Were I a citizen of Maine I’d be demanding an investigation of this guy. I can’t even fathom what I’m going to hear next.

Back