Color scheme photos

In conjunction with the previous post regarding people's color choices, I was wondering if it would be possible for people to post some photos of different color striped Gt40s. I'd just like to see some photos before ordering the car.

ITG made them for TWM. Purchased one from TWM for my 40 along with the throttle bodies last year. ITG makes a couple of different types of foam for the cleaners. I wanted to make sure the one TWM was selling was OK for street driving. I didn't see this filter on ITG's website and inquired. ITG said they made it exclusively for TWM, thats why it wasn't listed on their site. The foam is for street use.

Interesting, a look on TWM's website today indicates that TWM no longer sells the filter. You'll probably have to contact ITG to find out who you can buy one from now.
http://www.twminduction.com/airbox.htm

8784317-8966-02000181-.jpg

Here are some photos I took at Laguna Seca (Monterey Historic Races - these are the original cars) about 15 years ago showing various color schemes:

You want Gulf? We've got Gulf(#1075):
1075.jpg

Is this the original Gulf color scheme?
71.jpg

Essex Wire colors(#1026):
60.jpg

Yes, there are red ones(#1033? I don't have my programs handy...)
78.jpg

And even green(#1061):
1061.jpg

[ May 02, 2002: Message edited by: Steve Toner ]

The red one (#1033?) looks sweet! Wonder if white "Shelby" stripes would improve it any or take away?
confused.gif

G

I'm looking to go black with silver ghost stripes. How do you convey to the painter the degree of ghost(how transparent?) Has any done this color scheme pics would help?

Lloyd

[ May 06, 2002: Message edited by: Lloyd ]

ghost strips are usually done in 2 ways. the first is have a light layer of semi-translucent paint, so it give or yields a "frosted" look, kind of like etched glass.
the second is harder, you pick the same color, but 1-2 shade lighter, this way, the observer has to take a double look to actually see the strips. hence the "ghost stripe", is it really there. it can be "blended" or applied as a seperate layer.

Back