Correct original 67/68 Calipers

Can somone pls provide information on what 67/68 F&R brake calipers should be fitted, Girling, AP, Lockheed? model number, perhaps some images if possible. I know they are 4 pot for vented disks but I want to get the detail spot on.
Sim.

Sorry Guys I'm back on with these brakes. If I want to get pre 66 (F) FiA papers, I have to change the disks to solid. The question then being can I retain the Girling 18/4 16/4 stoppers or do the solid disks dictate a change of Calipers & if so what for exactly?

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Plus 1 with Peter's post above ^^

These are two entirely different brake caliper formats.

Pre 1966 callipers have 2 pots for solid discs thus:

fullsizeoutput_eb6.jpeg

Post 1966 have 4-pots for ventilated discs thus :

New Girling 4 Pot.jpg

You might also need to machine your uprights to retrofit the pre '66 calipers or fit hardened spacers.

Thanks guys. I am still reasoning what best to do with this car of mine. It is realy a 67/68 spec car but most people want F (pre 66) series papered cars & they look like they hold there value better because of this. If I do go ahead and seek to have my car resemble a 66 car there is a lot to do.
Sim

Thanks guys. I am still reasoning what best to do with this car of mine. It is realy a 67/68 spec car but most people want F (pre 66) series papered cars & they look like they hold there value better because of this. If I do go ahead and seek to have my car resemble a 66 car there is a lot to do.
Sim

An awful lot of work including the engine, bodywork etc. It would be a shame to revert back to an earlier spec. IMO.

Regards,

Graham.

Back