Couple questions of SLC owners

For SLC owners with LS engines. How much room is there from the top of the block to the rear body work ( with out intake ).

How much space is there on the sides of the engine from the firewall / bulk head to the rear tire or rear axle overall ?

How wide and tall are the side pods on the car and what are they designed to hold?

I am trying to work out a build sheet and some specs for myself prior to buying to find out if my plans will work and to get a basic budget set up.

Hi,

Here are a few measurements and photos:

upper longitudinal square tube inside-inside = 31.5"
lower longitudinal square tube inside-inside = 24.5"

side "pans" were cut for 21" wide x 22.5" long to give about 1/2" tire clearance at the front of the tire.

Attachments

• RightRearPanel.jpg
    RightRearPanel.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 298
  • attachment-8 (2).jpg
    attachment-8 (2).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 332
  • attachment-6 (3).jpg
    attachment-6 (3).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 323
  • attachment-5 (6).jpg
    attachment-5 (6).jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 327
  • attachment-5 (4).jpg
    attachment-5 (4).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 356
I as are other LS7 users will have a dry sump tank (3 gal Peterson) in the "wedge space" on the passenger side (the hole in the pan is for drain plug access in the photo). The remainder of the pan is large enough for a 7.5 x 11" Setrab dual pass oil cooler for the engine (passenger) and transaxle (driver). I am trying to fit a positive air flow to the engine oil cooler with a small 3" inline fan and shroud to the side port.....just not sure yet of clearances. Also, several of us are working on wheel tub ideas.

I believe Jack is extending his rear pan across the engine compartment. I am waiting to see clearances once the engine and Ricardo are in place whether to extend the pan aft of the engine to the diffuser.

You may have room, for example, to move a small battery, a fuel pump and the like to the side pans. Of course, this depends on exhaust location (side versus aft).

I am looking at using RHS Aluminum tall block LSx 502ci with dry sump system and possibly twin turbo set-up but was not sure of space for the intercoolers, pipeing and turbos them self. Trying to put togeather a few different ideas and then work out my choice from there.

Back