Crossover headers ford modular

Hello
I have read alot of articles about headers but can anyone in a simple way tell me the right configurations of pairing cross over headars of my modular engine. I show a picture and please write down which number too each collector.

Attachments

• PICT4438.jpg
    PICT4438.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 369
  • headersl.jpg
    headersl.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 343

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
OK Magnus,

In the absence of anyone elses reply, here's my contribution for you....

You don't say what the firing order of this motor is, but I think it's 1 3 7 2 6 5 4 8 .

In which case you would put 1 7 6 and 4 into the RHS collector and the others into the other side. Where you actually place them in each collector depends, as always, on what compromises you want to make.....

To see the factors I considered, see my build thread http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/16138-kiwi-scratchbuilt.html from about post #92. 351W but the principles are the same.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Yes I have the firing order 13726548.
I try to put a 5.4 Ford GT engine with Ricardos transaxle in my GT project and therse not much place left. I try to build up my headers with 1 3/4 to 3" collectors size, I hope that is enougt because of the place. What should you advice me to choose for collector size? Iam not going to use the compressor because its to big and I think the engine should be around 500 Hkr.

Last edited:
Back