Darrells trip to Le Mans and Goodwood

Hi Guys and Ladies
My wife and I are going to the 24 hour at Le Mans this year and a few weeks later we will be back for the classic. We did the same in 2016 and had a great time, the only down side was I never had the chance to speak to any of the owners of the GT40s on display at the classic. I would love to meet up with some of you over the weekend.
I have my accommodation for Le Mans all tied up but we intend to go to the Festival of speed the following the Classic weekend and are yet to book our accommodation. We are thinking of staying at Portsmouth and hiring a car to drive to Goodwood.
Is this a good idea or should we be looking to do something differently?

Darrell
DRB LS1/G50
Newcastle Australia

Sounds a good idea, Portsmouth is not too far away. Make sure you get a weekend ticket though as The festival of speed is way to big to cover in 1 day!

Thanks Jason I will be buying a weekend ticket but my wife will do a day only and will do the local sites on the other days.
Darrell
DRB LS1/G50
Newcastle Australia

Hi Darrell
We stayed at "The Bear" in Havant for the revival meeting and caught the train to Chichester. Goodwood put on free buses from the train station to the front gates, worked out really well.
Met a local on the train from London staying in Portsmouth, so very doable.
Would do it again.

Clayton

Thanks Clayton
Did not know about the shuttle from the rail station to Goodwood,I was going to hire a car from Portsmouth but now will train it.
Thanks again Darrell

No probs Darrell
We did the revival meeting, but it appears the festival has a bus services as well Getting to Festival of Speed

By train, bus or taxi

Trains run regularly from London Victoria to Chichester (1 hr 40 mins), and there are also services from Brighton and Portsmouth. Taxis are available at the station. If arriving by taxi, please follow event signage to Gate 1.
A bus (service 902) runs from Chichester Railway Station from 0700 each day, with tickets for the service available on the day and leaves every 30 minutes. For more bus times and ticket information, please click the link below.

Back