Dart versus Man O War

IMG_6435.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

Hey, Lookie here-it works on Explorer!

MWGT40

Supporter
Just to let you know, I ended up going with the 302 Dart aluminium block which will be stroked to around 373 Cu In and ported Gurney Weslake heads. It is due to be completed by Cushman Competition by the end of February. I will let you know how it performs on the dyno and thereafter on the track - I am expecting between 500 and 550 BHP.

Martin,
Sorry we didn't get you but glad you found what meets your needs. You will have a very stout combination.
Best luck and post here.
Chas

Hi Martin,

Sounds like a great motor is on the cards, I look forward to seing/hearing! her sing later in the year... Nice one!!

ps - Possibly have an opportunity for a GTD at a high speed event later in the year,(standing mile+) are you interested..? PM if you are...

Hi Martin

How's your Gurney Weslake engine coming along that Cushman Competition were building for you? I haven't heard much on it and it would be great to get an update. Should be a fair few horsepower being pushed up Lerghy Frissel on the Isle of Man next year...

MWGT40

Supporter
I have received the engine from Jay and we are sorting out a few issues. Hopefully should be ready for the dyno in the next few weeks. Looking forward to using it in anger in the Isle of Man against Bjorn's 600BHP beast!

Mike Pass

Supporter
I hope you are going to run this beast on open pipes in IOM again. I heard that the marshals eardrums are fully recovered and ready for another assault. I have my earplugs ready.....
Cheers
Mike

Just my 2 cents..I went with he Dart block with AFR heads stroked to a reliable 331. Dyno at 526Hp No need for any more. My car is way over powered. With the right gears, would break 200MPH without a sweat. I can be a t 125 MPH and floor it and my head will be snap back..YEEEHAAAA go with Dart...very scary but ohh so much fun...

Back