DESIGN of a New GT40 successor

Hi All
Would like to resurrect this thread... What are your thoughts out there on doing a cross-over between the original and the new Ford GT??

Now that the Lola' practically finished, I'm about ready to start on my '40 replica and been playing around with a few design ideas, trying to amalgamate the old with the new.
Has anyone here know of anything similar that's been done - or will I be dragged outside and shot at dawn for even thinking about doing this...

I'll post a few pics later of what I'm thinking about, but would value all of your opinions on a project like this. Should I stick to originality or be bold enough doing something different?

Let me know what you think.
Cheers - Mark

I saw on this site one car built by Roaring 40s that was done with the idea of updaing a replica to look more like the new one. Maybe someone remembers which car this was.

Kevin

Maybe you are thinking about the blue one GT40 Australia (DRB) built for a customer. It used the new GT's headlights, and the interior was modernized
among other things.

MikeD

There was a GTD in Sweden with lots of aero adaptions. It was pretty successful as I recall. Unfortunately I have no idea of were to get pictures. It was red and Ray had shown me pictures several years back. Maybe someone on the forum has some shots. It was during the time of GTD's R42 introduction.

Thanks for the replies so far guys :)
I'll post a new topic here on what I'm planning on doing with a few rough renderings and see what you all think.
Cheers - Mark

Hi All
Would like to resurrect this thread... What are your thoughts out there on doing a cross-over between the original and the new Ford GT??

Let me know what you think.
Cheers - Mark

I think it's a very interesting idea, but would try to go a little more radical in the design, but still in keeping with the Gt40 design influence.

Looking forward in seeing your design sketches and ideas

Ciao
Italo

Thanks for the replies so far guys :)
I'll post a new topic here on what I'm planning on doing with a few rough renderings and see what you all think.
Cheers - Mark

If I may, I'm not as sure to whom the project applies. To the enthusiast, there will be a preference between GT over GT40, or the reverse. To the layperson, any differences may be too obscure to notice. As a project, wide-held success may depend on a definite direction. Past to the Future, Future coming to the past. Any car should have one of those statements firmly related. (This is a general statement, please don't curb your enthusiasm.)

The GT90 was a perfect example of this. It has the 'classic proportions' in a clearly forward-thinking package. I can't resist calling it 'edgy'. It was brilliant in its day, and still holds some supporters.

Back