Designations under our screen names?

What's up with these designations under the screen names over on the left hand side?... I've been around here for a while, although I don't post alot... I don't consider myself a "Newbie"... how 'bout "Interested Enthusiast that dosen't post a bunch"? Now that's a title!

David Berry
[email protected]

Ha ha! I agree. *Quotes your quote*. If I come to this site, I spend most of my time reading, as I do not have much to say.

[ QUOTE ]
What's up with these designations under the screen names over on the left hand side?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those "designations" are what are commonly called the "ranking system".
Your rank should evolve the more you contribute.

But I'm sure you already knew that:p

If you are with the 90% who do not contribute then you are what is known as "a lurker". Yup.. it is just what it sounds like.
Welcome to the bizzare world of the geek speak brother :)

If you want to lose the newbie tag..then just make a few posts.
The ranks are set usually according to the amount of traffic a site recieves.
i.e- The busier the site, the higher the ammounts for ranks.
So you may have to make upwards of 20-50 posts to lose the "newbie" tag. Depends on the board rules.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info.... the ranking system makes sense, but I still would rather be called something other than "Newbie"... Guess I'll have to post more often to get rid of that title...

btw... currently considering a CAV that another board member has available... man, it's scary/exciting thinking about spending the dough to acquire such a vehicle.. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress...

mardyn

Feel lucky you're a Newbie, I'm just a Stranger...

Seems to be a lot of interest here in Texas for the GT40's...

NEWBIE, STRANGER, RON TOLD ME HE WAS GOING TO PUT ME IN AS "WIERDO". I'M GLAD HE FORGOT.

BJ

HI, DAVE,

IT'S AN E.R.A. - - #2057, WITH A BOSS 302 BLOCK & CRANK AND ALUMINUM LEMANS HEADS. BODY COLOR IS CHRYSLER "MIDNIGHT BLUE" WITH A GULF-WYER MUSTACHE IN WIMBLEDON WHITE. COLOR SEPARATORS ARE RED/YELLOW/BLACK.

THERE ARE PICTURES OF IT AND MY COBRAS ON MY WEB SITE: www.polarisracinggroup.com

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY,

BLACKJACK

Blackjack,

Very beautiful car. I've heard that driving a true 40" GT40 in any sort of traffic gets tricky because the car is so low to the ground. Comments?

The BOSS 302 engine. . .one of the greatest engines ever made. If I had a choice of any engine and a GT40, the high-revving BOSS 302 is a quite-nice choice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HI, DAVE,

YEAH, YOU SPEND A LOT OF TIME LOOKING "UP" AT THE DOOR HANDLES OF MIATAS.

MINI VANS WITH VINYL SOCER BALLS ON THE BACK STRIKE MORE TERROR IN YOUR HEART THAN ANY ABRAMS TANK COULD.

OF COURSE WHEN SOMEONE GETS TOO CLOSE I "BLIP" THE ACCERATOR A FEW TIMES AND THEY "FREEZE".

SERIOUSLY, (WHO - ME?) THEY ARE ONLY MARGINALLY WORSE THAN A COBRA. YOU NEVER - EVER - WANT TO SPEND ANY TIME ON THE STARBOARD SIDE OF A MINI VAN OR AN SUV. OF COURSE - I TRY NOT TO DO THAT EVEN WHEN DRIVING MY EXPEDITION.

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY,

BLACKJACK

Back