Digi Dash

Quick question,

I'm thinking of adding separate Tachometer, Oil Pressure and Water temperature gauges to my dash board.

I would like to also retain this functionality on the Digi Dash, can I split the signal wires from the Digi Dash inputs without problems?

Thanks
Gareth.

I tried something a bit different....one gauge two sensors via a switch, but I found out that if the sensors were not the same manufacturer, they may operate at differing specs hence be interpreted by the gauge differently.

Sounds like you are going two gauges with a single sensor. So my thought is, is the second gauge operating at the same spec as the sensor?

Quick question,

I'm thinking of adding separate Tachometer, Oil Pressure and Water temperature gauges to my dash board.

I would like to also retain this functionality on the Digi Dash, can I split the signal wires from the Digi Dash inputs without problems?

Thanks
Gareth.

It's the tachometer I most want to keep on the Digi Dash but also have on a gauge.

I'll probably end up directly connecting the oil press and water temperature to the gauges and try and work something out with the tachometer which I've probably got a good chance of getting to work.

Looks like I'm going to have to have a bit of a play around but hey I'd have brought a Lego car if I wanted easy. ( Come to think of it that new Lego GT3 looks nice )

The tach signal should be fine but each gauge usually has its own sensor.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I have two systems needing engine RPM as input. I tapped into the GM engine speed wire but had to use two differing resistors for each input attached to a 12v source to feed the tach input signals to those two systems.

I like LEGOs, the blocks always work with every other block. :thumbsup:

Not unless the devices are all calibrated to use the same sensor.

And keep in mind you'll need to use a pullup resistor on the tach to get digidash to read it (if using a GMPP wiring harness)

The digidash is able to display all that on one screen fyi - speed, RPM, gear, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure

I'm a gauge guy myself - like seeing the needle move around - initially I thought about having a "normal" tach but after having used the digidash I'm very satisfied with it and glad I didn't do some aboration-combination of a digidash+ traditional gauges. I like the digidash so much i used it in my 917 as well...period correct you know, haha

-alex

Back